District 8AA

pantherrules

50 minutes ago, cattleman said:

I understand that there is no districts for the county but if all the better athletes go to the same school you know that would definitely make a difference on how good they are.  Amazing that you think if those kids went to Cookeville high school that they wouldn’t be as good there. Best athletes of an entire county going to a AA school that should be classified AAA due to who they are drawing from is a given!! Clarkrange girls have had the same success for years. 

Tell me one good reason why they would want to go to Cookeville? Cookeville plays a much weaker schedule out of district than Upperman does by far.  Bray loads his schedule up with Class A and weak AA/AAA teams year in and year out. He rarely wins a game in the region tournament and competing for a state championship is out of the question.  8AA is as good or better than 8AAA year in and year out. Upperman has been better than Cookeville for years and I don’t see that changing in the near future.  There has been a lot of talent at CHS for years and they have nothing to show for it.  I Look for the trend of kids going to Upperman to not only continue but to increase in the years to come. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

1 minute ago, UCSportsFan said:

Tell me one good reason why they would want to go to Cookeville? Cookeville plays a much weaker schedule out of district than Upperman does by far.  Bray loads his schedule up with Class A and weak AA/AAA teams year in and year out. He rarely wins a game in the region tournament and competing for a state championship is out of the question.  8AA is as good or better than 8AAA year in and year our. Upperman has been better than Cookeville for years and I don’t see that changing in the near future. 

Lol, what on earth are you talking about?    

1. Cleveland, Station Camp, East hamilton, Lebanon, .... 

2. CHS has been in region Semi's 3 out of last 4 years so there goes the "rarely wins a game in region argument" 

3. To say that 8AA is "good or better" than 8AAA is first of all incorrect and irrelevant.  I'm going to assume you meant 6AAA.   It is still incorrect, btw.  No matter how you slice it.  Top 6AAA teams always better than top 8AA teams.   But I digress. 

4. Cookeville would beat Upperman right now, so I don't know about your near future statement either. 

6 minutes ago, Alumn89 said:

Lol, what on earth are you talking about?    

1. Cleveland, Station Camp, East hamilton, Lebanon, .... 

2. CHS has been in region Semi's 3 out of last 4 years so there goes the "rarely wins a game in region argument" 

3. To say that 8AA is "good or better" than 8AAA is first of all incorrect and irrelevant.  I'm going to assume you meant 6AAA.   It is still incorrect, btw.  No matter how you slice it.  Top 6AAA teams always better than top 8AA teams.   But I digress. 

4. Cookeville would beat Upperman right now, so I don't know about your near future statement either. 

I’m talking over the last 20 years and since you brought it up how many times did they win that semi finals game?  How many times in the last 10 years have they won a semi final region game?  How about we have a little quiz here. Which is greater over the past 15 years, Cookeville first round region losses or their Region championships?

0.  But...How bout you have Upperman play in CHS region and see how many times they beat Cleveland, Walker Valley, East Hamilton, etc... Or before that and see how many times they beat Oakland, Riverdale, etc..

This is a bad argument. 

Obviously we will have to agree to disagree.  Have a nice day. 

26 minutes ago, Alumn89 said:

0.  But...How bout you have Upperman play in CHS region and see how many times they beat Cleveland, Walker Valley, East Hamilton, etc... Or before that and see how many times they beat Oakland, Riverdale, etc..

This is a bad argument. 

Obviously we will have to agree to disagree.  Have a nice day. 

Upperman has 700 students Cookeville has 2200 big difference. Having said that I do believe they wouldn’t have done any worse!

There are some very good athletes walking the halls of CHS I just don’t feel like they’ve reached their potential for years under the current coach. 

Edited by UCSportsFan
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, UTRok said:

What happened to Livingston tonight? Per the T score board they lost by 20 at Pickett county.

LA  led only by 10-7 and 10-9. Pickett is very talented but very young so they have been up and down. They start 2 freshmen, the Amonett twins, Zach and Will, and Zach is the leading scorer at about 20 points a game. Will is an excellent ball handler for a freshman and can hit the 3. Then there is sophomore John Parker Reagan another good ball handler, and two juniors starting...Parker Gore who has come on strong this year and Luke Smith who can rebound and hit the three. Sophomore Remington White was out with an injury last year so he is like a freshman as far as experience goes, but is very talented, 6'4" and has great potential. He scored 12 last night but didn't play the whole game. PC led Clay Co. at the half Friday, but Clay pulled away to win by 11 after a bad 2nd half by PC.  When they play up to their potential an entire game they can beat anyone. Watch out for them next year and they could still do some damage this year in the district.

Edited by bobcatfan300
spelling