District 8AA

pantherrules

Macon coming off a huge win at York. Does Dekalb stand a chance on the road to knock off Macon and end Dekalbs  15 game losing streak.  Be a tall task, what are everyone's thoughts and opinions.  

What's everyone's picks tomorrow night. 

DC vs Macon

LA vs York

Cannon vs Upperman 

Watertown vs Smith

Macon big

York in a bounce back game 

Upperman big

Watertown by 15+

10 hours ago, Iceman2000 said:

Congratulations to Dekalb. No doubt who the better team  was tonight.  Congratulations to the players and coaches. Let's go get 2 in a row at Smith.  

We stopped pressing and committed to pressure the ball defensively in the half court for the first time all year! Hallelujah! We looked good doing it and the few times Macon was able to break us down off the dribble our help side was good drawing charges and blocking shots. Good decision. Defense travels.

We made more shots tonight because they were easier looks coming from inside out. Substitution pattern was much better.  We had a 2 minute stretch in Q4 where we started thinking about preserving a win instead of putting our foot on their neck leading to some turnovers. Other than that 2 minutes, missing a few bunnies and some FT it was clean game. Great and needed win. Second round of district games will be more interesting IF we settle into roles and grow to play as a team instead of individuals.  

16 hours ago, dctiger said:

DC wins again. Looking better! SC is really struggling though too, from what I could tell. 

2 in a row.......A WINNING STREAK..........I hesitate about asking too much about the game, because as I understand from some coworkers, SC isn't very good at all.   I haven't seen them,  but word is they have about 12 players and are young.

34 minutes ago, Moonshiner said:

2 in a row.......A WINNING STREAK..........I hesitate about asking too much about the game, because as I understand from some coworkers, SC isn't very good at all.   I haven't seen them,  but word is they have about 12 players and are young.

About 10 players only 2 seniors I think playing 3 freshman I know against us they shoot ok at times but all and all pretty weak