Cleveland visits Heritage

BarneySox2007

2 hours ago, alt1958 said:

Considering what happened to Cleveland in 2016 Cummings should get a bye on that season

That year started of promising until the injuries piled up. I've never seen anything like that before. Bradley beat us pretty bad while we were healthy, but I believe we lost our starting and backup QB late in that game. The QB who started the next game tore his ACL on the very first play against McMinn. Ended the season with 5 different QBs. It was a wild year.

Edited by clevelandblueraiderfan

34 minutes ago, thiccmeat01 said:

Trust me man none of his own players like him either. I know its bad to say but he's hated by pretty much the entire team. There is a reason why our starting qb from last years playoff team didnt play this year. Even his back up qb transferred to another school. Something needs to change. You're not gonna win if you're not liked and respected by your own players, I dont care how talented you are.

Dang didn't know that I was talking to alot of people before the season and I really thought you guys were going to be the 2nd best team in our region this year I even said they might could give Maryville a run for their money but maybe all the issues with the coach is why they haven't played how I thought this year

8 hours ago, HHSMountaineers said:

Dang didn't know that I was talking to alot of people before the season and I really thought you guys were going to be the 2nd best team in our region this year I even said they might could give Maryville a run for their money but maybe all the issues with the coach is why they haven't played how I thought this year

It’s a really bad situation for the kids and Coach Cummings.  Not making judgements on why the situation is what it is but there are at least 6 all region calibur talented kids that have chosen to focus on other sports or transferred.  One starter transferred to Bradley just before the season and chose to sit out a year.  Several others have transferred as well and they are losing many kids from the Cleveland middle program to Bradley.  Roster numbers are declining and even assistant turnover has been high.  Hate it for the kids and the coach.  Anyone following Ron Crawford was going to have a tough time having the same love and respect from the kids and parents that he did but this has been a really tough deal on everyone.  I hope for the kids and Coach Cummings that they finish strong and make the playoffs.