Coalfield @ Greenback

GHSblackhelmet

4 hours ago, Southtowner said:

95-3 is an ongoing joke here on the T.   Tyner Rams defeated Boyd Buchanan by that score back in '97. 

Think it was Alcoa that beat GP something like 99 to 0.  Might have been Trousdale that scored about the same thing that year .Thus the mercy rule.

7 hours ago, orngnblk said:

No way last,two weeks ago,7 weeks ago or this Fri!OS kicked them in the butt and woke up the sleeping giant.I look for a running clock at some point and anyone who knows my posts on this game for the past few years would tell you this is not normal for me.CF doesnt have thr speed nor the depth to control this team.48-14 in the end.

YAI shut them out. YAI is a good team but no where near what GB is. Shouldn't be close. If the second half starts without a running clock I'd call that a moral victory if I'm coalfield. I'm not bashin CF mind you, not many teams would fare much different. Oz was a shocker and I believe a fluke. GB just has to many weapons for anyone in 1A or 2A to hang with at leastin the east. No clue whats lurking out west. 

2 hours ago, pujo said:

Think it was Alcoa that beat GP something like 99 to 0.  Might have been Trousdale that scored about the same thing that year .Thus the mercy rule.

Did a tiny bit of research...

The Alcoa versus G-P happened in the first round of the 2005 playoffs...Final 91-7...remember seeing the score on the news thinking it was a typo, can't believe its been that long ago tho.

An your correct about Trousdale Co., they beat Red Boiling Springs the week before playoffs 91-0...which I think wouldn't have been a big shocker anyways.

Edited by cherokean

5 hours ago, crow said:

YAI shut them out. YAI is a good team but no where near what GB is. Shouldn't be close. If the second half starts without a running clock I'd call that a moral victory if I'm coalfield. I'm not bashin CF mind you, not many teams would fare much different. Oz was a shocker and I believe a fluke. GB just has to many weapons for anyone in 1A or 2A to hang with at leastin the east. No clue whats lurking out west. 

I agree with you no need in playing the Lou Holtz card,everyone knows what we have and we should be a dominant force up to the Semifinals.

AS LONG AS WE STAY HEALTHY!

Edited by orngnblk

I do believe the os greenback game was a shocker but not a fluke. I am an os fan but they seem to play at their competition level rather than the level they are capable. I think greenback is the far superior team but don't discount the bobcats to a fluke game

Edited by bfl96
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bfl96 said:

I do believe the os greenback game was a shocker but not a fluke. I am an os fan but they seem to play at their competition level rather than the level they are capable. I think greenback is the far superior team but don't discount the bobcats to a fluke game

OS has definitely gotten better but it was still a fluke. Rematch at Cooper Field in the playoffs won’t even be close. If nobody gets hurt. 

Coalfield will play tough but Greenback will be too good.  On another note. Look for Greenback to be dominant again in 3 to 4 more years. Their midget team won the Blount County Super Bowl. They beat Alcoa,Fairview and the Maryville Bears twice. Their only loss was to the Maryville Rebs. I saw the Rebs vs Greenback game. Greenback has this 12 year old kid that is 6'2 265lbs. He can move well for a kid that size. That kid will be scary when he gets in a good strength and conditioning program. Greenback had other good players also.

• Upvote 2