2018-2019 9AA

ForeverHoopsFan

I believe this year will be the best shot for someone to advance to the region championship . Other side is down but still much better . Nobody is beating East. What hurts 9AA is their style of play .  Someone needs to play more up tempo to have a chance  to take down the top teams on other side . The slow down tactic only works when you have fundamentally sound players that can handle that type of pressure . There is no  team in the district that fits . 

My point exactly ,  Guess all their kids graduated . WH  Coach has to take the leashes off if they are to have a chance at sycamore . I have watched  about 10 games this year . Looks like he has let them play a little more , and until that embarrassing loss at Heritsge they were moving in the right direction ., Who is their best player ,  some will say new kid from Gallstin . I don’t agree , pretty much single handily a long with the coach lost that game .  Shot nearly 2-20 from the field . Too much 1 on 5  anybody else on the team gets pulled for that .  They have to get Ward more shots . For a kid that has multiple schools looking at him  based on his last 3 years .  He looks like a player that has lost the confidence in his shooting and his best part of his game is driving and looks like coach has told him to stop doing that . Ward has started all 4 years and increased his average every year till now , lucky to average what he did his freshman year . Saying all that I barely ever see him forcie Shots still hits the open man . 

The best duo I believe is J Mac to Dustren down low . Once he gets it is two points . He is crafty enough to take it to sycamore bigs . I still believe the key is how  Octavian and Ward shoot the ball from 3 . Sycamore hard place to play and game moved up to Monday night . 

• Like 1

Sycamore is the class of the District. Congrats! They play @ East Nashville on Friday. They played East earlier in the yr and lost by 13. They'll be battle tested come District/ Region play.

The same kid at WH that struggled at Heritage last week (only gm under 10pts all yr), also went for like 34 against Heritage earlier in the yr. They go as he goes, period. Of their 24 games, he's played in 16 of them. They're 11-5 with him. 4-4 without him.  

One week left - we'll see how the seeding shakes out. #2 spot is still up for grabs. 

• Like 1

J if you have watched him , closely he is mis used . He is a spot up shooter and a driver . That’s it . Terrible decision maker , terrible passer when he does pass which is rare . Coach needs to get ball out of his hands  when a decision needs to be made . He is all about himself . Just watch the last play of sycamore game. Hottest player in the gym was spotted up for the win instead he forces a shot . Right now he is hurting this team along with the coach not using him right . Put him on a wing for spot up threes if they come out drive . He doesn’t mess up their flow that way . He goes 1 on 5 from the top way too much with poor results . Coach has to take control and reckgonize that . That was great atmosphere the other night . I know people probably weren’t happy with the refs . That might have  been one of the better jobs I have seen all year , cause we all know they have been taking a beating lately in the press . 

I watched him all summer (practices & games). When he told us he was going to WH, I knew he'd wind up being the best player in the District. How he'd be used and if the WH new coach would give him the keys, was TBD. I've seen 5 WH games - until they commit to playing defense it won't matter who they have out there scoring. 

• 2 weeks later...