2018-2019 9AA

ForeverHoopsFan

On 1/30/2019 at 12:25 PM, B52bomber3 said:

He is not player in the district . That might have been the best defensive game they played all year the other night . I would give mvp to 25 or 45 on sycamore . 

#1 team gets the MVP, I get that. 

I stand by my original post. WH-Arnold #4 is the best player in the district. He's turned #5 into the 3rd best player on  the team. That says a lot when  you consider the press clippings for #5 over the last 3yrs.

Semis

WHH 44 - Sycamore 40

WH 73 - Harpeth 52

All WH Final next week.

10 hours ago, jn2rons said:

#1 team gets the MVP, I get that. 

I stand by my original post. WH-Arnold #4 is the best player in the district. He's turned #5 into the 3rd best player on  the team. That says a lot when  you consider the press clippings for #5 over the last 3yrs.

Semis

WHH 44 - Sycamore 40

WH 73 - Harpeth 52

All WH Final next week.

You should really re phrase your last statement . #4 has not made #5 the third best player on the team . The coach and offense has done that . I have watched at least 20 of their games this year . The coach will get all the credit since they got 20 plus wins . Let’s be real he has mis managed this team let’s one player do things and punish players for the same thing . Instead of putting the ball in the hands of # 4 and going one on 5 from the top and never passing , why not use both in a pick and pop situation . He is putting everything on # 4 and that’s sad that a coach would ruin a kid that worked so hard for four years and to be rewarded like this . I mean when he became the second leading scorer in school history . He goes 9/11 from the field for 24 points . Imagine what he could score if he had as many shots as # 4 .,. # 5 has been a true teammate thru all of it . He rarely forces anything to get his . He has developed into a great passer . To him it’s all about the team . Coach’s problem that he has not made it all about the team . It shows on the floor . A lot of times in turns into ME ball . Sad this team talented enough to make a run to the glass house . Just doubt they can do it , with the way their playing . 

Side note : watched semis of other side . Pearl is unreal very talented and well coached . East upset again in first round . A lot of bickering and coach lost the game taking the ball out of # 3 hands midway thru the third . Maplewood not sure how they ever beat east . Willing to take charges , will give you a chance on beating them . Not that good . MLK . Probably the quickest team there . Guard heavy . All can shoot the 3 . All quick as lightning . Light skin black kid is so quick and can stop on a dime . Big guy inside muscle guy looks like a TE . Maybe 6’2 . He hit a 3 but mainly just a rebounder . They beat east by running 1/2/2 full court press late . Mainly trapping once it came over half or bating you to throw long pass to the middle and with their speed picked it off .,I would say Maplewood is beatable but the other three will take a perfect game to beat them . 

B52:  The same can be said over the past 2+ yrs with #5 has had the green light. Don't act like the other kids loved it either. Now that the focus is on #4... it sounds like sour grapes on your part.  Enjoy the success/ wins bro... regardless of who the glory is going to. WH wins when Arnold balls out. It's that simple. He made his 1st 4- 3's and the game was over in the 1st Q. Finished with 28pts. The best 3rd option in the district, by far had 6pts.

Beamerball: I agree with the potential sweep... Maplewood beat WHH during the Christmas tournament by 7. I think that they can be had, but the brackets are totally messed up now.

If 9AA ever had a chance it would be this year . Maplewood not that good . And sad east or pearl will not make it to sub state now . Most likely meet in semis . Loser goes home . I like MLK don’t see them beating pearl making them the two seed facing Sycamore in region . Would not shock me if they pull the upset since they have guards and a great coach . Mlk might just be too quick though . I honestly see the winner of 9AA beating maplewood and the two seed getting crushed by east . Harpeth at pearl name your score . 90-30 if they want . Nice to see some posts . J we will agree to just disagree . They need # 5 in the mix if they want to make a serious run . With both 4 and 5 getting their shots from their spots they are pretty tough out . With only 4 shooting 20 times a game and 5 5 times its do or die on one player . Coach at sycamore game put ball in 4 hands at end of game when 5 hadn’t missed a shot whole game and open for game winner instead 4 shoots contested shot not even close . They have a great record but really only should have like 4 losses . This team is built to contend with 10AA with # 4 but not by himself . The first four min the other night they played as a team . If ever could play 32 like that they could be scary . Anything short of region final is another underachieving year . I guess these days it’s hard for kids to play for each other . I feel sycamore plays that way well at least the 4 times I have seen them play in two years 

• Like 1

If its a big game that means something with Heritage playing White House always take Heritage to win as long as Petrone is at the helm.  Here is something to chew on, as the only coach in Heritages history any player that has played for four years for him has been in a Championship Game and most have walked away Champs.

Petronie mastered another championship , even though might have went into cardiac arrest when his players jacking 3’s up 6 late . All honesty this game cane down to pace and coaching . Petronie won both .? WH should have been pressing whole game since Heritage didn’t have any ball handlers . Guarantee Maplewood coach saw that tonight . Maplewood s only chance to beat them . 5 had one good look to take the lead and another desperation at the buzzer after a timeout .,Not sure what the play was . Again coaching . Hats off to both 4 seeds for winning the championships . Even though I put pearl under investigation maybe wanting to avoid east in the semi’s . Well maybe now they both get to go to state anyways . 

• Like 1

Dalton - Good call. Both of my boys have won District with Petrone. The run at the end of this yr still has my jaw on the floor.

Side note... Been on my soapbox saying this for at least 4-5yrs now. WH does not play defense. New coach - same strategy to try and outscore everyone.  To your point  B52, Heritage does not start their 2 best ball handlers for some unknown reason. Even still, it was good enough to win tonight, go figure.

Maplewood could have had  their whole team at the game tonight. They weren't there to scout Heritage, they were there for WH. They already played Heritage earlier this yr and won by 7. No predictions but the game earlier in the season could have gone either way.  Add that Heritage's leading scorer didn't play in that game and I'm optimistic.

Could really care less though, as they don't have the horses to go far anyway. Feels good to win District though. Good luck to everyone in Region!!

J - why I think you were a sycamore guy . Crazy well congrats to you . I wouldn’t say this coach tries to outscore you though or he would have done something to quicken the pace . The one thing I don’t like about awards is why does the team that wins have to get the mvp . I am fine with reg season pick . But tournament mvp was 4 for WH by a landslide . When you lost by  7 that was part of that 8 game losing streak . You are tons better now and this should give you the boost . 9AA needs a win in region somebody win . 

Saylor 45 for Sycamore wins MVP which he deserves. Interesting to see all the matchups I don’t truly like anyone winning a game in region from 9AA. Sycamore gets a bad matchup with Pearl Cohn. Heritage could have a chance against Maplewood. Harpeth has no chance to win their game imo. And White House will be forced to play East lol. 

Never said saylor didn’t deserve it ., Sycamore vs pearl . I just think pearl wanted to be opposite of east . Cant prove it though . Pearl best team over there . East right now are fighting with each other . The other night it was really bad . All on separate occasions # 0 , 23,24 .,arguing with each other and a coach . I believe even 24 dad yelling at the coach ..just don’t know how WH can keep them off the boards ., Harpeth no chance and heritage best chance . A team willing to take a charge and playing their best basketball . Pearl and east in the finals even I would like to see MLK and pearl again in the finals . 

• Like 2

District Mvp is a close call for me. Both kids are deserving, you could also throw sycamore PG in the conversation. I would have voted for 4 for WH. Without him that teams is a 5 or 6 seed. The big kid for sycamore is very deserving though. Tough region matchups

Sycamore @Pearl

Harpeth@ MLK

East@WH

Maplewood @WHH

Heritage has a chance. Maplewood better be ready to play D or Petrone will backdoor you to death.

Harpeth has zero shot. 1st year coach got them to the 3 seed and a split with sycamore is amazing. Run ends here, doesn't have enough Jimmy's and Joe's.

WH draws the worst possible matchup they could get.  4 and 5 better shoot lights out are it gets ugly. 

Sycamore will put up a fight and plays together for the most part. I say it's close through 3 and then Pearl pulls away by 14 or more.

Edited by Beamerball