2018-2019 9AA

ForeverHoopsFan

6 hours ago, B52bomber3 said:

I know their is turmoil . I will leave it at that . If you want to put my name out there , at least get it right . Lol . Wonder why you left your name off . 

It would be nice if you just didn’t comment on the coaching at all when you actually don’t know as much as you think you do.  Keep the coach’s name out of your mouth and enjoy your view from the bucket seats.

Pretty much everybody comments on coaching . It’s been a travesty for two years I feel this team under achieved . Being around some of them for 6 years . It hits close to home . When teams don’t achieve it’s usually coaching . I could put it on the kids but as most good coaches you don’t do that . Since you don’t know me or want to come talk to me . You don’t know what I know or how I  would coach if this was my team . I will say this head coaching now days is a very tough job , especially with talented kids . You make me out to be trashing the coach . Far from that , do I agree with everything he has done , No , I believe he has evolved as a coach from the beginning of the year and have seen signs of huge improvemebt in certain areas  in pieces of games . So please don’t think I am trashing you coach cause I am not . He has done a good job , but with addition of a talented transfer I would have expected more as I believe he did as well . Two wins in region and a sub state win can erase all of that . Anybody that has watched this team this summer I believe they all thought a trip to the glass house was the ultimate goal . Yes district 10 is the best district in the state . They are beatable though this year . I always have believed since last year sycamore and especially WH had the formula to advance .  So please if you want to talk basketball with me just stop me and we can talk . This way you don’t have to blow your cover since I guess you don’t want people on here to know . I have a  good idea . Not too hard . Have a great day today . God bless and good luck tomorrow night . Let’s get that W

I was reading back at some and felt compelled to defend the other coaches since they were slammed as well . Let’s start with Gary Smith , very nice and gracious guy . You got that right . 

Next I think you called him something like tyrant oh well what ever it was .,He did more for that program than anybody else cared to do in previous years . Upgraded locker room , can’t tell you how many times they had to reseal the floor after it got messed up by whoever. Did a lot to raise money for new uniforms and other things that had gone outdated . X-O wise plenty of in game adjustments and one hitters that always got the player open . Countless hours of film watching . Biggest problem was  him   trying to implement some of his stuff but also keeping Smith stuff as well trying to buffer that .,Too many changes . Different outcome if it was his team . IMO . I will give you the comment about the practices . Some of them drove me crazy but at sometime we were trying to find that leader on that team to take control when others started acting up . Never materialized and us as coaches failed there . So your right , just not all practices were like that . 

The other two assistants . One is now a head coach of a freshman team who more or less has the same philosophy as me. You know it’s hard to work a 40 hour plus job then come yell at kids all day . You would like to think after a couple times they would get it . I love what I did and thankful to Gary for letting me do it . 

The last coach maybe a bit unorthodox with some techniques , but an absolute BBall guru . Can watch a game and take so much away from it . Will have other teams plays and all options off of it . Will take a college offense and dissect the heck out of it . Can teach a 1-3-1 and with right talent give teams fits . 

All in all last year might have not gone the way everybody thought but the coaching staff wasn’t a train wreck . IMO. 

I Have too much respect for the new coach’s family to trash him as some feel I have . Never the intention. His brother I always thought was a good guy . His son a class act and a joy to coach . His wife super nice . As for the coach himself , I can’t really speak except from what people in my bible study said about him ., A great family upstanding guy . So I hope the coach can muster up something special for East tonight because last time they came to WH for a regional game 4 years ago it was over fast and got ugly quick . I wonder how many seniors would like that sweet revenge . 

Ok posters I am done . Good luck to everyone tonight and be safe. 

Maplewood 43 - Heritage 37

Refs allowed Maplewood to be physical. Game.  Set.  Match.  Maplewood couldn’t hit a jumper, make a FT, or a layup. They dominated the boards and played bully ball. 

Heritage had 5 coaches on the bench, not one had a whiteboard or a clue.  You read that right... 5 coaches. Every time they get the win the coaches get all the credit and every time they lose the coaches blame the kids....not tonight! Coaches were trash. They earned that L.