2018-2019 9AA

ForeverHoopsFan

^ I agree with everything above

I have to imagine that Sycamore 'should' be battle tested after playing East 2x this yr. I didn't see Pearl play this yr. They lost to East 2x too. They both have wins over common opponents:

University School of Nashville & Whites Creek                  

5 hours ago, jn2rons said:

^ I agree with everything above

I have to imagine that Sycamore 'should' be battle tested after playing East 2x this yr. I didn't see Pearl play this yr. They lost to East 2x too. They both have wins over common opponents:

University School of Nashville & Whites Creek                  

Both of those schools were terrible so that really means nothing.

On 2/17/2019 at 10:55 AM, B52bomber3 said:

You should really re phrase your last statement . #4 has not made #5 the third best player on the team . The coach and offense has done that . I have watched at least 20 of their games this year . The coach will get all the credit since they got 20 plus wins . Let’s be real he has mis managed this team let’s one player do things and punish players for the same thing . Instead of putting the ball in the hands of # 4 and going one on 5 from the top and never passing , why not use both in a pick and pop situation . He is putting everything on # 4 and that’s sad that a coach would ruin a kid that worked so hard for four years and to be rewarded like this . I mean when he became the second leading scorer in school history . He goes 9/11 from the field for 24 points . Imagine what he could score if he had as many shots as # 4 .,. # 5 has been a true teammate thru all of it . He rarely forces anything to get his . He has developed into a great passer . To him it’s all about the team . Coach’s problem that he has not made it all about the team . It shows on the floor . A lot of times in turns into ME ball . Sad this team talented enough to make a run to the glass house . Just doubt they can do it , with the way their playing . 

Side note : watched semis of other side . Pearl is unreal very talented and well coached . East upset again in first round . A lot of bickering and coach lost the game taking the ball out of # 3 hands midway thru the third . Maplewood not sure how they ever beat east . Willing to take charges , will give you a chance on beating them . Not that good . MLK . Probably the quickest team there . Guard heavy . All can shoot the 3 . All quick as lightning . Light skin black kid is so quick and can stop on a dime . Big guy inside muscle guy looks like a TE . Maybe 6’2 . He hit a 3 but mainly just a rebounder . They beat east by running 1/2/2 full court press late . Mainly trapping once it came over half or bating you to throw long pass to the middle and with their speed picked it off .,I would say Maplewood is beatable but the other three will take a perfect game to beat them . 

@jn2rons .do not waste your time with@B52bomber3 .. I don’t care about the “20 games” he’s been too. He knows nothing about what goes on in the practices or how the team is coached.  He does have some sour grapes indeed because he used to be the 4th or 5th level assistant coach under a train wreck of a staff from the previous years that he supported.  No shots against Coach Gary Smith at all who was a very nice guy, but the tyrannical assistant coach under him was complete garbage.  You could walk into one of their practices last year and see kids sitting down doing their own team with half the team focused.  This group this year is focused and just has had some off nights.  @B52bomber3 has no room to talk about this team at all. 

On 2/20/2019 at 7:58 PM, wh1bdp said:

@jn2rons .do not waste your time with@B52bomber3 .. I don’t care about the “20 games” he’s been too. He knows nothing about what goes on in the practices or how the team is coached.  He does have some sour grapes indeed because he used to be the 4th or 5th level assistant coach under a train wreck of a staff from the previous years that he supported.  No shots against Coach Gary Smith at all who was a very nice guy, but the tyrannical assistant coach under him was complete garbage.  You could walk into one of their practices last year and see kids sitting down doing their own team with half the team focused.  This group this year is focused and just has had some off nights.  @B52bomber3 has no room to talk about this team at all. 

The real issue in WH is not the coach or former coaching, or the players or who is getting the shots or who isnt getting the shots. The real issue at wh AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN THE ISSUE (minus those 2 or 3 years with Mathis coaching) is that its not a basketball school, the admin does not care at all about basketball. Its tradition NOT to care. Yes football will always be first in WH as it should be, they are great year in year out for the most part minus that 0-10 year who knows where that came from...but anyway basketball and football at most all public schools are the 2 biggest sports in whatever order you want to say...but basketball at wh is at best 5th football both soccer teams and baseball all are ahead of basketball. So if and when that changes wh will always be struggling to get any further than first round of region...and if they cant do it this year or next year it wont happen for a very long time because there is no one coming up through the ranks that can play until you get to that 3rd or 4th grade bunch like I said A VERY LONG TIME. If I was that coach I would be doing my best to go as far as I could this year and next year and get on out of there. I think he graduated from there so he might stay, but that would be strictly for the love of the school or paycheck because it wont be for the basketball!!

Edited by bballinformer

3 hours ago, bballinformer said:

The real issue at wh AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN THE ISSUE (minus those 2 or 3 years with Mathis coaching) is that its not a basketball school, the admin does not care at all about basketball. Its tradition NOT to care.

Interesting take when you consider that they re-did the gym, brought in a new coach, have had countless transfers into the program in just the last 3-4yrs. I believe that they also broadcast the games live online, and their website has good reporting and pics. 

I can only compare your program to Heritage. You guys seem wayyyyyyyyyy more buttoned up on the BBall front (admin, alumni, etc) but I think that everyone's expectations are misplaced. WH has played in the district 'Ship game in 3 of the last 4 yrs. Nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 7:58 PM, wh1bdp said:

Well it’s fine to throw things around you have no clue about . You don’t know me . You don’t know my philosophy . I know a lot more than you think I do about what has gone on with the team this year . Yes Smith is a super nice guy . Last years team underachieved just as this years team has . Both in my opinion for the same reasons lack of discipline and philosophy in coaching to your talent . This years team has a chance to erase that underachiever next to their name by pulling the upset . And I guess you know I was assistant but nice to know you can hide behind your screen name . There are no sour grapes just have killed me to watch these kids underachieve these past two years . Yes I could have been more vocal but my philosophy I couldn’t force down their throat . I just try to call it like I see it . If that hurts peoples feelings sorry . If I have offended anyone else on here I apologize . 

13 hours ago, B52bomber3 said:

Well it’s fine to throw things around you have no clue about . You don’t know me . You don’t know my philosophy . I know a lot more than you think I do about what has gone on with the team this year . Yes Smith is a super nice guy . Last years team underachieved just as this years team has . Both in my opinion for the same reasons lack of discipline and philosophy in coaching to your talent . This years team has a chance to erase that underachiever next to their name by pulling the upset . And I guess you know I was assistant but nice to know you can hide behind your screen name . There are no sour grapes just have killed me to watch these kids underachieve these past two years . Yes I could have been more vocal but my philosophy I couldn’t force down their throat . I just try to call it like I see it . If that hurts peoples feelings sorry . If I have offended anyone else on here I apologize . 

I know a whole lot more than you about this years team no doubt.. I understand that you call it how you see it *from the stands* and I appreciate the apology from your unnecessary comments “Coach” Bombcamp..

6 hours ago, wh1bdp said:

I know a whole lot more than you about this years team no doubt.. I understand that you call it how you see it *from the stands* and I appreciate the apology from your unnecessary comments “Coach” Bombcamp..

I know their is turmoil . I will leave it at that . If you want to put my name out there , at least get it right . Lol . Wonder why you left your name off .