Bearden vs. Dobyns-Bennett

matchesmalone2

Matches is back with a prediction and I want to hear what you DB folks think as well. I think DB is a solid team and they have the so called home field advantage but I like the dogs in this one. I don't know if the Indians can hang with the Bulldogs this time around. That Dog offense is firing on all cylinders now and that Dog defense is meaner than snake. It'll look like the Massacre at Wounded Knee in Kingsport this Friday. You heard it here first the Indians fall prey to the Dogs in this one. I'll hang up and listen.

3 hours ago, matchesmalone2 said:

Matches is back with a prediction and I want to hear what you DB folks think as well. I think DB is a solid team and they have the so called home field advantage but I like the dogs in this one. I don't know if the Indians can hang with the Bulldogs this time around. That Dog offense is firing on all cylinders now and that Dog defense is meaner than snake. It'll look like the Massacre at Wounded Knee in Kingsport this Friday. You heard it here first the Indians fall prey to the Dogs in this one. I'll hang up and listen.

That's awfully exciting rhetoric, Matches. I'm with @noonesfool on this one. However, neither team will attempt a FG. So I'm going 21 - 14 Tribe.

Johnson City Press has DB winning 24-21.    I like that score but lest I be branded a copycat..... let's go with the Tribe in another close one, 26-24

Here is some additional info:

-  DB (2-3) has played 5 teams whose combined records are 19-10.
-  Bearden (5-1) has played 6 teams whose combined records are 16-19.
-  The only common opponent is Science Hill, DB barely beat SH and Bearden barely lost to SH.

Huge game as everyone of them are until the seasons end.The region is wide open and the next few weeks will clear the playoff scenario up unless there is a huge upset at the end like last year.I've seen DB and know their strengths and weaknesses but have not seen Bearden and have no clue as to how they matchup with the Tribe.Looking back at their season schedule,Bearden looks to be a very competitive team that can put up points and hasn't given up a big amount on defense.I guess the SH game stands out and maybe that was just a bad matchup for Bearden.