District 4AAA 2018-19

QSouth89

On 12/1/2018 at 2:30 PM, rebelwoman87 said:

Maryville beats a good WB team last night 71-59. I’m ready for hoops season. 

The Irish travel to William Blount Tuesday. Catholic’s youth vs. the Governors experience. I picked West as a dark horse and they’re undefeated. Catholic host the Rebels on Friday. 

Edited by QSouth89

Farragut and Maryville played a tough game on Tuesday with the Rebels getting the win 70-61.  Anderson and Maryville controlled the game throughout.  Farragut made a few runs and closed the gap in each quarter.  MHS shoots the 3 really well, I think they made like 16 threes in game.  The 9 point difference in the final score was about the most the lead got all night.  There was great coverage on 5 star preps of both the girls and boys games, it's great having Smithey bringing all the coverage to us again.

20 hours ago, CU06 said:

Farragut and Maryville played a tough game on Tuesday with the Rebels getting the win 70-61.  Anderson and Maryville controlled the game throughout.  Farragut made a few runs and closed the gap in each quarter.  MHS shoots the 3 really well, I think they made like 16 threes in game.  The 9 point difference in the final score was about the most the lead got all night.  There was great coverage on 5 star preps of both the girls and boys games, it's great having Smithey bringing all the coverage to us again.

Maryville’s 3 point shooting is unreal this year, most notably by Anderson and Gale. Coach Eldridge has always been and continues to be well ahead of the curve compared to his coaching peers on understanding the importance and having the coaching guts to structure your offense to shoot a lot of three point shots by design and how that is the most efficient way to play offense. He has taken it to another level this year it seems like.

That said, I give Coach Higgins and his Farragut team  a lot of credit for coming into Maryville and battling hard for 32 minutes. 

• Like 1

Farragut at Bearden: Pember didn't play, still has a boot on his foot. They pulled all the regulars in the middle of the third. I think the score was 48-9 at the half. Had to believe the Farragut/Maryville game could have been that close.

10 hours ago, dirtydawg15 said:

Bearden wins over Farragut 77-21...and I don't think it was that close. How is there not one good basketball player in that school?

On 12/5/2018 at 6:35 PM, Dawgfight said:

How come Bearden is not playing Farragut or is the schedule not complete.

https://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?schoolid=17&sportid=3&seasonid=334

One of the Dads kept up with the schedule and posted the scores, but he's gone after his kid graduated.

Edited by Chinadog