District 4AAA 2018-19

QSouth89

3 hours ago, Chinadog said:

Farragut at Bearden: Pember didn't play, still has a boot on his foot. They pulled all the regulars in the middle of the third. I think the score was 48-9 at the half. Had to believe the Farragut/Maryville game could have been that close.

Farragut played Maryville tough. I saw the score from last night and thought it was a misprint. Did number 35 play for the Ads?

13 hours ago, dirtydawg15 said:

Bearden wins over Farragut 77-21...and I don't think it was that close. How is there not one good basketball player in that school?

IMO, when Bearden makes up their mind to play and kicks it into high gear, nobody in ET has a chance to beat them but sometimes they coast for a half or so. Case in point- WB had them down by 4 at halftime @ Bearden but Bearden ended up winning easily by 20 points or so. They were obviously ready to roll from the opening tip vs. Farragut. 

As a UT fan and for the young man as an individual, I am concerned about Drew Pember’s foot injury. That is a scary injury for anyone- especially a big man. That said, I think Shamarcus Brown and Roman Robinson are back on the court for Bulldogs so they have more than enough firepower to continue to win in regular season. I do think having a healthy Pember helps their chances to win AAA state title immensely. 

Edited by Norman Dale

Was Bearden at full strength roster-wise against Maryville?  Little surprised that Maryville beats them, although as long as the Rebels have Joe Anderson out there, nothing will completely shock me.

WB loses a key contributor for the remainder of the season.  Looks like senior Destin Deering is moving out of state during Christmas break.