District 4AAA 2018-19

QSouth89

4 hours ago, Norman Dale said:

Totally agree Govman. Bearden is hands down the best team in ET on paper.  They have it all- quickness, ball handling, shooters, size, multiple all-state caliber players, very good  "dirty work" role players, and experience. Their senior class is absolutely loaded. Like you say- IF they are healthy, eligible, and avoid T's/ejections, they will beat anybody and everybody in ET by double digits, IMO. 

Too bad there is only one basketball with that group. They are loaded. 

That Maryville game with the Ts was an exception for Bearden. Been following them for the past five years (son played and graduated already) and that's not the norm, so the Ts shouldn't be a factor moving forward. Yeah, Stephney will open is mouth and get T'ed once in a while, but I was really, really surprised when Kah got called twice in that game. Parrott does not let that happen and reprimands his players for stuff like that. I do believe there was something up with the refs that night in Maryville, but not going to dwell on it. That was probably be their only district loss that'll have this year. Pember did not play that night and I think Roman was still sick. Morale of the story, don't expect that to happen again and with Maryville coming to Bearden next, that Bearden is not going to let that happen again. Joe's great, but there is only one of him,

Their other losses were to some pretty caliber nationally ranked and Memphis teams. They should cruise through the post season play and get to states again. Can they pull off a state win though? Can they finish? I would expect all roads lead through Memphis East again, although I think the makeup of that team has changed some. Wiseman and Dandridge are still there and better than ever, but they lost Lomax and of course Penny. I do think Memphis East is still going to be too strong for Bearden again, IMO. They lost to Whitehaven not long ago as well. Should be interesting to see how it will unfolds. 

19 minutes ago, Chinadog said:

That Maryville game with the Ts was an exception for Bearden. Been following them for the past five years (son played and graduated already) and that's not the norm, so the Ts shouldn't be a factor moving forward. Yeah, Stephney will open is mouth and get T'ed once in a while, but I was really, really surprised when Kah got called twice in that game. Parrott does not let that happen and reprimands his players for stuff like that. I do believe there was something up with the refs that night in Maryville, but not going to dwell on it. That was probably be their only district loss that'll have this year. Pember did not play that night and I think Roman was still sick. Morale of the story, don't expect that to happen again and with Maryville coming to Bearden next, that Bearden is not going to let that happen again. Joe's great, but there is only one of him,

Their other losses were to some pretty caliber nationally ranked and Memphis teams. They should cruise through the post season play and get to states again. Can they pull off a state win though? Can they finish? I would expect all roads lead through Memphis East again, although I think the makeup of that team has changed some. Wiseman and Dandridge are still there and better than ever, but they lost Lomax and of course Penny. I do think Memphis East is still going to be too strong for Bearden again, IMO. They lost to Whitehaven not long ago as well. Should be interesting to see how it will unfolds. 

Maryville had 2 starters out that night too. But I’m not making excuses. 

10 hours ago, Chinadog said:

I've watched Bearden play against William Blount and Maryville mostly for the past 10-12 years.  I've seen so many "class" players for the Bulldogs.  I too, am surprised by Kah getting T'ed up.  He's always seemed to be a quality young man.  You mentioned Stephney, but the one I've watched for the past 3 seasons that I think is the needs to be reigned in is the Glover kid (Ques).  He talks (i.e. whines) to the referee more than any other high school kid I've ever watched.  I'm really surprised that Coach Parrot doesn't intervene at times.  I also sit very, very close to the floor at WB home games so I've heard his language for three years.  Let me just add this to my critique, he's one of the most talented high school players I've watched in a long time.  Surprised he isn't getting SEC type offers.  I wonder if his attitude has anything to do with that?  Honestly asking, not throwing stones.

Tues 1/22 final scores (home team bold)

Bearden 80, Catholic 54

West 73, Heritage 53

Farragut 57, William Blount 55

Hardin Valley 62, Lenoir City 59

4-AAA Standings

1) Maryville (11-0)

2) Bearden (10-1)

3) West (8-3)

4) Catholic (8-4)

5) Farragut (5-7)

William Blount (5-7)