Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
QSouth89

District 4AAA 2018-19

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Maryville at Alcoa tonight. Always a great atmosphere! 

 Hopefully we will show up to play. This team has looked good at times and bad at times. If we play good we will have a chance to win. If we don’t we’ll get beat by 20. Should be a good crowd either way. Go Tornadoes! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Congrats to Maryville on a well played game. We didn’t play good enough defensively to limit your open looks and we turned the ball over way too much. I don’t understand why you would try and press this Maryville team? It boggles the mind. 

Edited by Springbrookrat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, HOOPSGURU said:

Bearden wins Arby’s then loses back to back to Hamilton Heights & Memphis Southwind. Tough schedule.

Yikes. Yeah, that's brutal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 10:29 PM, HOOPSGURU said:

Bearden wins Arby’s then loses back to back to Hamilton Heights & Memphis Southwind. Tough schedule.

I’m sure they were expecting to get more than 12 minutes of Pember in game 1 and 0 minutes game 2 when they scheduled it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still say, "IF" Bearden has everyone healthy (and eligible), noone in East Tennessee will beat them.  Had 'em at WB on Tuesday night.  One of the better teams I've seen on that floor in many, many years.  Going across to play those Memphis teams may be a different story, but around here I don't think they'll get touched the rest of the season.  I plan on going over when Maryville plays them and would love to see Maryville knock them off again, but if I'm a betting man ...don't think it's gonna happen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GovMan said:

I still say, "IF" Bearden has everyone healthy (and eligible), noone in East Tennessee will beat them.  Had 'em at WB on Tuesday night.  One of the better teams I've seen on that floor in many, many years.  Going across to play those Memphis teams may be a different story, but around here I don't think they'll get touched the rest of the season.  I plan on going over when Maryville plays them and would love to see Maryville knock them off again, but if I'm a betting man ...don't think it's gonna happen.

 

Depends on who the officials are that night.  Maryville has been the beneficiary of some technical fouls and intentional fouls by the opposing team.

Edited by QSouth89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, QSouth89 said:

Depends on who the officials are that night.  Maryville has been the beneficiary of some technical fouls and intentional fouls by the opposing team.

Maryville has also been the beneficiary of other teams running their mouths...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, GovMan said:

I still say, "IF" Bearden has everyone healthy (and eligible), noone in East Tennessee will beat them.  Had 'em at WB on Tuesday night.  One of the better teams I've seen on that floor in many, many years.  Going across to play those Memphis teams may be a different story, but around here I don't think they'll get touched the rest of the season.  I plan on going over when Maryville plays them and would love to see Maryville knock them off again, but if I'm a betting man ...don't think it's gonna happen.

 

Totally agree Govman. Bearden is hands down the best team in ET on paper.  They have it all- quickness, ball handling, shooters, size, multiple all-state caliber players, very good  "dirty work" role players, and experience. Their senior class is absolutely loaded. Like you say- IF they are healthy, eligible, and avoid T's/ejections, they will beat anybody and everybody in ET by double digits, IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...