Any Morristown East fans still on here?

blazer1set

5 hours ago, lawnman said:

I think we know what they think about the game.

Game went just as I thought it would, another RB (Cole) rushing for 300 yards. Nothing is going to change until Morristown East removes Wells as head coach. He has a career losing record at Campbell Co. for over 10 years and has done even worst for Morristown East the last 5 years. He is 0-5 to Morristown West and in 2 of those years we didn’t score a single point. Same problem every year, East cannot stop the run and offense cannot score. Wells doesn’t know how to win because he never done it. He still hasn’t figure out the need for a real offseason conditioning program. East gets whipped on both sides off the ball just about every game because of not using the weight room in the offseason. Yes, East has made the playoff, but they have backed end just about every year. I believe East has only had one year where they had a winning record going into the playoff. Speaking of the playoff, East got in one year by beating Cherokee and back-in two more years because Boone & Crockett were suspended for post season play because of fighting.

I really do not understand why Coach Wells is still Morristown East head coach. He should have never been given the job in the 1st place, because we already knew what we were getting based on his years at Campbell Co. East is 1-6 again this year and I see no-way they will back into the playoff this year. They will have to win their remaining three games and that is not going to happen. There will be a New Head Coach for 2019 season, I just hope the principal hire someone who has won or at least coached on a championship team. I would go after the assistant coaches at Maryville, Alcoa and maybe Greenville. They all know what it takes to win a state championship.

Edited by EASTFAN

22 hours ago, EASTFAN said:

Game went just as I thought it would, another RB (Cole) rushing for 300 yards. Nothing is going to change until Morristown East removes Wells as head coach. He has a career losing record at Campbell Co. for over 10 years and has done even worst for Morristown East the last 5 years. He is 0-5 to Morristown West and in 2 of those years we didn’t score a single point. Same problem every year, East cannot stop the run and offense cannot score. Wells doesn’t know how to win because he never done it. He still hasn’t figure out the need for a real offseason conditioning program. East gets whipped on both sides off the ball just about every game because of not using the weight room in the offseason. Yes, East has made the playoff, but they have backed end just about every year. I believe East has only had one year where they had a winning record going into the playoff. Speaking of the playoff, East got in one year by beating Cherokee and back-in two more years because Boone & Crockett were suspended for post season play because of fighting.

I really do not understand why Coach Wells is still Morristown East head coach. He should have never been given the job in the 1st place, because we already knew what we were getting based on his years at Campbell Co. East is 1-6 again this year and I see no-way they will back into the playoff this year. They will have to win their remaining three games and that is not going to happen. There will be a New Head Coach for 2019 season, I just hope the principal hire someone who has won or at least coached on a championship team. I would go after the assistant coaches at Maryville, Alcoa and maybe Greenville. They all know what it takes to win a state championship.

Sorry you guys are going through this.     I will say that East had some very bad luck to start the game, take away about 3 plays and this one would have been much closer.

21 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Sorry you guys are going through this.     I will say that East had some very bad luck to start the game, take away about 3 plays and this one would have been much closer.

The funny part is the same bad luck has been following Morristown East every since Wells became Head Coach. Just about every game its we would've or could've done this or that the game would be different. It is bad coaching when every week you keep turnover the ball and cannot tackle. East has to be leading the region in turnover per game. At some point there has to be a root cause for all this bad luck. I rest my case!

On 9/30/2018 at 1:09 AM, EASTFAN said:

Probably won't leave a city school system to go to a county school system.

5 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Probably won't leave a city school system to go to a county school system.

They will if the money is right. Getting one of the assistance coaches to leave programs like Alcoa, Maryville and Greenville require support from community and the school principal . Also, they need money and freedom to hire a few new assistance coaches to help turn program around. No-one is going to take a pay cut and then take over a losing program without having away to bring some new coaches with him.

Of course we can keep what we have and go 1-9 next year!