Springfield vs Montgomery Central

JacketLover

Made an account just for this. This is by far the most exciting game I can remember as being a Central fan. I believe Montgomery Central will compete fairly well in this game but their pass defense is sub-par. Both teams defenses will shine this game I can feel it but unless passing defense is keyed in on this upcoming week I foresee a Springfield victory. I'll be the first to make a score prediction.

Springfield: 17

Montgomery Central: 10

I know #s don’t mean anything  but this is for interest and fun......

SHS in 6 games

Opp overall record is 20-20 avg (3-3)

Scoring: SHS 179-128 avg (30-21)

Played opps with winning records: Beech, Clarksville, White House, Gallatin

Mont Central in 7 games

Opp overall record is 22-26 avg (3-4)

Scoring: MC 187-82 avg (27-12)

Played opps with winning records: Portland, CreekWood, Kenwood

6 minutes ago, Awesomedigdug said:

Made an account just for this. This is by far the most exciting game I can remember as being a Central fan. I believe Montgomery Central will compete fairly well in this game but their pass defense is sub-par. Both teams defenses will shine this game I can feel it but unless passing defense is keyed in on this upcoming week I foresee a Springfield victory. I'll be the first to make a score prediction.

Springfield: 17

Montgomery Central: 10

Oh come on you have to at least give a bias prediction  :)

4 minutes ago, Awesomedigdug said:

Lol I try my hardest to not get to biased in sports. The Indian in me wants to scream "8-0" but I just don't think it'll happen unless massive changes are made in the Indians Secondary

I understand. Im not sure right now myself. I don’t know what’s changed for Central this yr. I hear about a big fullback and decent defense.

SHS has a stronger running attack this yr behind new OL and the receivers as a whole isn’t as good as last yr but enough there where it can be a threat. SHS defense has been up and down at times. SHS needs to play defense like they did against White House. Clean up on penalities, which has cost them few times.

As far as Central/Portland I understand the bus issue but getting to the stadium late doesn’t take away from the fact they got shut out 30-0. I went to Central game tonight and they struggled defensively but their running game is top notch. They have a thunder and lightning combo going on with 33 and 3. Both those backs run hard and love contact. Springfield may be a tough matchup for them but they are playing with house money right now, no one expected them to make the playoffs much less play for district championship. It will definitely be a huge game!

I will agree with Awesome MC pass D is sub par but they have a really good run d. Portland couldn’t get them out of 9 in the box because we struggle throwing the ball. Mc runs the veer on offense and they run it very well. I don’t remember them passing much against us.

I watched the Springfield WH game film and wow you guys have a lot of athletes. It isn’t just the fat cat show. If Springfield doesn’t turn the ball over I just don’t think MC will be able to slow them down.

Sh 35

Mc 20

This is going to be a huge match-up for the Jackets, this is the biggest game of the year so far. It’s going to be interesting to see how the Jackets try to stop the run of MC. Against teams that have ran it right at the Jackets, ex: Beech and Clarksville, Springfield has had a tuff time stopping it. Looks to me like MC has a huge fullback that’ll run it right up the gut, and they run the read option well. It’ll be an interesting game for sure.....

1st off, big kudos to MC, this is a huge improvement on their part and regardless of strength of schedule or anything else this is very good football compared to what they are used to and I am not going to say anything to detract from that. Well done MC, I am happy for you!

I also feel they beat Portland regardless if they were late to the field or not, maybe the score would have been closer but MC wins none the less...

As far as this game I believe MC will need to utilize the veer and slow the game down and stay away from any sort of shoot out, the Jackets have way too many athletes and speed for that kind of game. I am a little confused however, I watched the game from last year on YouTube and they were not running the veer and kept mentioning that their star QB was out. Apparently he was a very good passer. It takes 2 to 3 years sometimes for teams to perfect the veer and it has been said that they run it well?

The weakness of the veer is turn overs, I can see that factoring in giving the Jackets a couple quick scores, and I believe the Jackets will give up some points but the Jackets will have a big night on offense.

Jackets 38-21

1 hour ago, Kevin38 said:

1st off, big kudos to MC, this is a huge improvement on their part and regardless of strength of schedule or anything else this is very good football compared to what they are used to and I am not going to say anything to detract from that. Well done MC, I am happy for you!

I also feel they beat Portland regardless if they were late to the field or not, maybe the score would have been closer but MC wins none the less...

As far as this game I believe MC will need to utilize the veer and slow the game down and stay away from any sort of shoot out, the Jackets have way too many athletes and speed for that kind of game. I am a little confused however, I watched the game from last year on YouTube and they were not running the veer and kept mentioning that their star QB was out. Apparently he was a very good passer. It takes 2 to 3 years sometimes for teams to perfect the veer and it has been said that they run it well?

The weakness of the veer is turn overs, I can see that factoring in giving the Jackets a couple quick scores, and I believe the Jackets will give up some points but the Jackets will have a big night on offense.

Jackets 38-21

If Im correct in my beliefs, Major if. I believe this senior quarterback has been trained since Freshman year on running veers and other runs. The senior quarterback last year had always been a passer, that's why I believe that last year was so so detrimental as they were trying to force an option quarterback into a passer role. Turnovers for MC seem to be coming off bad communication during the options which I'm sure we will see tons of during Fridays game. It's gonna be a great game nonetheless

• Like 1