Springfield vs Montgomery Central

JacketLover

35 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

By my count Fat Cat touched the ball three times in the 2nd half and scored all three times.  One of those was a sweep that we had a penalty on and granted MC could have stopped competing on that play. 

And he touched it 3 or 4 times the first series. We have proven we can win underutilizing him but  tonight was a little to close to my comfort haha. They run a sweep and the score is called back. And they scrap it for the rest of the game. Makes no sense. 32 is tough but i sense he is getting ran into the ground. Hope he makes it to the playoffs

Great atmosphere to watch a high school football game as well. Springfield has a beautiful complex and for that two point conversion the place was rocking. 23 is a legit D1 player, he made plays when everyone in the stadium including the defense knew he was getting the ball. I think there is a good chance we see this game again.

1 minute ago, WRudolph2003 said:

Great atmosphere to watch a high school football game as well. Springfield has a beautiful complex and for that two point conversion the place was rocking. 23 is a legit D1 player, he made plays when everyone in the stadium including the defense knew he was getting the ball. I think there is a good chance we see this game again.

Yep.....

3 minutes ago, WRudolph2003 said:

I agree and am gonna go ahead and say it, I think we are gonna eat that other region's lunch in the playoffs, theres a very good chance we meet again.....

33 minutes ago, WRudolph2003 said:

Sure hope you are right.  That means third round for us both.  I thought MC was the better team last night and IMHO the block punt was as big as the stop on the 2 pt conversion.  

i figured the score would be close 

24 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

Sure hope you are right.  That means third round for us both.  I thought MC was the better team last night and IMHO the block punt was as big as the stop on the 2 pt conversion.  

i figured the score would be close 

You were almost dead on with the spread on this game. I thought it would’ve been closer to 10-12 points. I knew if it was close the Jackets might come out on the loosing end of the stick, but they made a key stop on the 2 point conversion and sealed the deal.

20 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

You were almost dead on with the spread on this game. I thought it would’ve been closer to 10-12 points. I knew if it was close the Jackets might come out on the loosing end of the stick, but they made a key stop on the 2 point conversion and sealed the deal.

1 hour ago, WRudolph2003 said:

I also said we would see heavy doses of  Keith Jones and Bryan Hayes.  Jones had 70 yards and Hayes netted 50.  But remember I don't know football.

2 hours ago, WRudolph2003 said:

Boy you sure were butt hurt about that comment. Let me make it up to you, you ARE a football expert. CoachT could not function without your breakdown of upcoming games and expert analysis of offensive and defensive strategy. I think I speak for every poster when I say thank you for your service! I salute you sir :wink:

I have been teasing you.  I am not butt hurt or offended in the least.  This last post is pretty hilarious though. 

I grew up across the state line from Montgomery County, graduated from APSU and did my student teaching at Central, so I have been familiar with Clarksville/Montgomery County sports for a long time. I have always said that if Montgomery County had open enrollment that  they would dominate the TSSAA every year in athletics. There have been some stud athletes come through there.  

I was wrong too about 2nd place in the region being a toss up between Central and Portland. I am changing that comment to "first place is a toss up between MC and #YJP. "

Portland is now third place and 4th goes to this week's winner between BDP and Creekwood

that's my prediction for this week. 

Edited by TheCommissioner