Springfield vs Montgomery Central

JacketLover

1 hour ago, Mason3132 said:

My scare right now as Portland fan is that Mc and us are both WH from last year. Our best win and probably only good win was against WH. Wins over GB,Heritage and west creek mean nothing. SH only team in conf that had played any real competition. 

Our win over Gallatin to start the year is looking good.  Station Camp isn't very good.  We played our worst game so far, IMHO, against CHS.  Our best game, again IMHO, was against BDP.  I fully expect Coach Wilson to have #YJP ready to play the Indians in very single way Friday night.  The atmosphere at The JAC should be ELECTRIC come game time.  I still say a low scoring,  grind it out slug fest 

Now I know all the Springfield fans are football experts but is it possible that WH ran into an opponent that just wasn’t a good matchup for them. A team that likes to grind it out is often a bad matchup for a team with great speed. Or you could all be right and they lucked into an undefeated regular season and district championship. Playoffs are a different beast all together when your playing opponents your not familiar with.

20 minutes ago, WRudolph2003 said:

Now I know all the Springfield fans are football experts but is it possible that WH ran into an opponent that just wasn’t a good matchup for them. A team that likes to grind it out is often a bad matchup for a team with great speed. Or you could all be right and they lucked into an undefeated regular season and district championship. Playoffs are a different beast all together when your playing opponents your not familiar with.

I don’t claim to be an expert, even though I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night! White House, last year, started off playing three cupcakes before playing Springfield. They had built up a ton of confidence by the time they played us, and we probably played our worst game of the year that night against them. I’m not making excuses but losing two of our top receivers in the 1st quarter had an effect but it still shouldn’t have mattered. 

By the time the playoffs came around, WH was pretty beat up. They should’ve lost to Chester County in rd one but Chester, from what I was told, played everyone both ways and they wore down in the second half. Jackson South Side wore them down with their running backs and their injuries finally caught up to them. I was told this by a person that followed them closely last year

I know this is off topic of the thread somewhat, but matchups are key. Win or lose, this game Friday night will help MC prepare for the playoffs in that they will see a team unlike most any they’ve played this year. I know nothing about Jackson North Side, but the other three teams from region 6 that will most likely make the playoffs I do because Springfield played all three. South Side has a big RB, #27, that is a hoss. Their qb last year had a decent arm but he may have graduated. Hardin County had the most balanced offense and they were starting a freshman qb last year in the playoffs and they have a big TE that I think has committed to Ole Miss. Lexington just lines up and runs it at you, and their passing game was non existent. 

One advantage Springfield has Friday night that no one has mentioned yet is that this game with MC will be a lot like a playoff game. Will MC come out loose or will they be tight? Most of the Springfield players that play saw a lot of time last season in the road to Cookeville. I would think that they will know how to handle the atmosphere Friday night. 

7 minutes ago, WRudolph2003 said:

That is very true, pretty much zero big game experience on this MC team. Will be exciting for the kids.

Having been on the Jacket playoff train last year, I can’t tell you how much fun it is. The way it ended sucked but the semi final game at home was as good a high school atmosphere as I’ve ever experienced. Hopefully Friday night will be similar 

21 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Hopefully you get a good signal up there! When we played up there a few years ago, I only had one bar on my AT&T phone no matter where I went in the stands

That sucks. I just realized the WH week for you guys that you guys had a You tube live feed. My son said well we will get Hudl video of SH Saturday morning. I told him son I have already seen enough to know how good they are. Lol

1 minute ago, Mason3132 said:

That sucks. I just realized the WH week for you guys that you guys had a You tube live feed. My son said well we will get Hudl video of SH Saturday morning. I told him son I have already seen enough to know how good they are. Lol

They started that this year. It’s a former player that graduated from TSU that started it up; he does the color and the former middle school coach does the play by play. The video quality is actually pretty good