Powell at West : Who you got?

HSFBGuru

4 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

Why not just know the rules from the beginning and do it legally? Why as an adult in charge do YOU not do the right thing in this situation? So you are saying it is ok to cheat as long as you don’t get caught? Just curious?

Never said it was OK to cheat... saying the timing of reporting and potentially who reported seems a bit suspicious. Did they really just now figure this out?  Was this player the only reason they won these games?

The other 50+ kids on this team and especially the seniors don’t deserve this penalty.  Should definitely remove the player until eligible, fine the school, and heck even make the HC sit out the rest of the year or take money out of his pocket or the AD’s or both.  But don’t punish the kids!  Just my opinion.

I have no issues upholding rules clearly stated and agreed to by each school.  Just hate to see kids punished because their coaches and school leaders are morons or devious or both.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Never said it was OK to cheat... saying the timing of reporting and potentially who reported seems a bit suspicious. Did they really just now figure this out?  Was this player the only reason they won these games?

The other 50+ kids on this team and especially the seniors don’t deserve this penalty.  Should definitely remove the player until eligible, fine the school, and heck even make the HC sit out the rest of the year or take money out of his pocket or the AD’s or both.  But don’t punish the kids!  Just my opinion.

I have no issues upholding rules clearly stated and agreed to by each school.  Just hate to see kids punished because their coaches and school leaders are morons or devious or both.

I agree with you. I hate it for the Seniors and the rest of them that have worked all year. It’s just a bad day for high school football.

15 hours ago, VolBall85 said:

Im just stating facts, and Powell admin is to blame they should have checked all of this before the season started. Especially if the player is coming from a team within the region. 

You are right.GB just had Alcoa kid transfer and boy did his family have to work to get in by OUR standards.Copy of realty contract of house being sold,Lease agreement of in County property,Electric bill in their name,Go to DMV and have all addresses changed on ALL drivers licenses.County officer going by and checking new residence for occupation.Immediate Eligibility!Do it right and play ball do it wrong and forfeit games.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

You are right.GB just had Alcoa kid transfer and boy did his family have to work to get in by OUR standards.Copy of realty contract of house being sold,Lease agreement of in County property,Electric bill in their name,Go to DMV and have all addresses changed on ALL drivers licenses.County officer going by and checking new residence for occupation.Immediate Eligibility!Do it right and play ball do it wrong and forfeit games.

Did Casteel make sure all their pets shots were updated by PPAWS. Never know what kind of loophole the TSSAA will be looking for. 

6 hours ago, wow1029 said:

Had the kid transferred To Alcoa or Maryville he would immediately been eligible.i call total B.S.

You left off Karns! He moved to Karns. I’m hearing the family may be a little bit culpable in this matter. Just another reason to do it like O and B said. Heck just feed his address into KGIS and it should say Karns.

Matt Lowe has been outed as the sketchy character he is. Expect more of the same Powell faithful. Powell admin should cut their losses now and get some new blood in the program. This will be the first of many instances that Matt Lowe is caught cheating using other schools players. The TSSAA is onto his corrupt ways. I'll hang up and listen.