Powell at West : Who you got?

HSFBGuru

4 minutes ago, VolBall85 said:

word around the powell community is that West is school that reported them. Makes tonights game more interesting!

Of course they are going to say that because of the kid in question. I still say the adults at Powell are to blame solely. It is no secret as to what has gone on there. Grey area or no grey area. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Yes,One of the multiple whistle blowers.  

Makes sense that one of the likely 5th place contenders would blow the whistle at this point in the season - betting they knew about this since game 1.  Kid was supposed to play at Karns, so that seems a likely motivation.  HC and AD really botched this one - especially if the kid is talented and a stand out.  Bottom line is that Powell was in violation and should be held culpable... but the timing and specific punishment of this stinks for the Powell kids! 

Is there a scenario that gets Powell into post-season at this point?  Must wins against West and OR... but is that enough?

9 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I missed that report, is there a link?  I don't do the tweeter machine and can't afford 5 star preps.  lol

Haha I cant afford it either!  He just made tweet stating that 'the TSSAA letter to powell can be misconstrued to imply that Karns  may has blown the whistle on this matter. That was not the case" 

5 minutes ago, VolBall85 said:

Haha I cant afford it either!  He just made tweet stating that 'the TSSAA letter to powell can be misconstrued to imply that Karns  may has blown the whistle on this matter. That was not the case" 

If I were Karns I would have blowed that whistle.  I do feel bad for the kids on the Powell team that are from Powell, but I don't feel bad at all for the adults involved, they knew better.  

Should be a great game tonight.   No love loss between these two programs to begin with, add in the craziness that has been this week and playoff spots still on the line.  

• Like 1