White House - Portland fight

Tennessee75

I didn’t see it, but this is what I was told.  The Portland student section rushed the field and the White House principal went over to ask the Portland head coach if he would get them off the field so that they didn’t mess it up anymore than it already was.  The head coach told her no and they started arguing and he kinda pushed her. After he pushed her all heck broke loose.

Once again I wasn’t there so I can’t say for sure, this is just what I heard.  

9 minutes ago, copacanobra said:

I didn’t see it, but this is what I was told.  The Portland student section rushed the field and the White House principal went over to ask the Portland head coach if he would get them off the field so that they didn’t mess it up anymore than it already was.  The head coach told her no and they started arguing and he kinda pushed her. After he pushed her all heck broke loose.

Once again I wasn’t there so I can’t say for sure, this is just what I heard.  

I find this hard to believe.  

So we have a head coach that refuses the request of a principal, especially one for home team. And, then the head coach pushes the principal (a woman no less) over a mid-season game. Moreover, the "assaulted " principal then did not press charges or at least file a formal grievance against said coach.  

All this could be true. But it seems to me that more would have been said from an official standpoint had this occurred. The real truth may be a toned down variation of what has been presented here.  

Not sure why the Portland students were running on the field anyway. It's not as if the Panthers broke a ten game winning streak by White House. This game did not even assure them of winning the region championship.

11 minutes ago, midtnmale said:

So we have a head coach that refuses the request of a principal, especially one for home team. And, then the head coach pushes the principal (a woman no less) over a mid-season game. Moreover, the "assaulted " principal then did not press charges or at least file a formal grievance against said coach.  

All this could be true. But it seems to me that more would have been said from an official standpoint had this occurred. The real truth may be a toned down variation of what has been presented here.  

Not sure why the Portland students were running on the field anyway. It's not as if the Panthers broke a ten game winning streak by White House. This game did not even assure them of winning the region championship.

The hate is REAL

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, midtnmale said:

Apparently he didn’t know she was the principal.  Idk man just what I was told.  I don’t think we’ve heard the end of it yet.  My friend who helps coach at White House was pretty upset about it.  I don’t see him acting the way he did for no reason.  

On 10/1/2018 at 11:52 AM, midtnmale said:

On 10/1/2018 at 12:04 PM, TheCommissioner said:

The hate is REAL

Them folks up there in Portland take their football seriously. I remember when they were in the same region as TC.... I got some stories. I was at a Smith County vs Portland playoff game and seen a Portland fan push down an older lady from Smith County after the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steelcityroller said:

Them folks up there in Portland take their football seriously. I remember when they were in the same region as TC.... I got some stories. I was at a Smith County vs Portland playoff game and seen a Portland fan push down an older lady from Smith County after the game.

There is no excuse or place for this type of behavior anywhere

16 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

I remember years ago a playoff game at Portland.  York had rocks thrown at them as they walked around the bleachers to take the field.  The year before the same two teams met in the first round and there was a brawl started by a drunk Portland fan who hit a York player coming off the field.

Edited by thatdevilforrest

I have been watching Portland football for 4 years and absolutely nothing even close to that happens here. The fight that people are talking about that had not one punch Thrown or landed. It wasn’t the head coach for Portland that got into a screaming match with a wh coach. 2 assistance one from each team were mouthing at each other. The principal was trying to stay in middle of them. Just boys being boys. The fans running on field probably wasn’t a good thing. There was a ton of social media banter for 7 days leading to the game and I think the Panther Club which is all student got excited and wanted to be with the players so they rushed the field. I’m not making excuses but these kids and this town hasn’t had any success in a long time. This group of seniors had I think 5 or 6 wins in 3 years coming into this season so there has been a lot of excitement.