Dekalb @ Smith Co

Iceman2000

As stated earlier, DeKalb does not retain or develop talent. The youth you speak of will never become seniors, this program does not retain kids. 

The attrition of 2017 was solely attributed to a new coach (who has since been removed), but we are still seeing quitting & dismissals in 2018. Of course, we are being told it it due to lazy kids. 

When we experience similar attrition in 2019, what will the excuse be then?

Which when coupled with the earlier statement of not retaining coaches either; then we must ask what is the common denominator?

TigerPride does not retain athletes 

TigerPride does not retain coaches

What does TigerPride retain? Who is the common denominator?

Hellidontno,  kids are quiting for a reason.  What's that reason.  Usually starts at the top. Trapp would be in everybody's best intrest to step down at the end of the season. He is to arrogant to do that and the administration won't let him go. Oh well, then we must sit thru the same story each and every year. Casual bystander is right on 100%, and hellidontno i would want someone else to be there for my kid to coach. My 2 cents. 

Iceman, you hit on a key topic; Trapp's arrogance.

I'll give credit where credit is due. Trapp took a dead program that nobody wanted, and weathered a long tenure. For a young man, who never played football, he has done an impressive job teaching himself football, but he has reached his peak. 

He is aware of his shortcomings behind closed doors, and is why he does not hire competent coaches. He is afraid to be revealed as an incompetent coach who lucked into a head coaching position. 

The same way he controls the narrative around expectations, is the same way he controls who he coaches with.

If you are the smartest person in the room... Then find a new room.

Trapp however, is completely content being the smartest person in the room the same way he is content with 4-5 wins and blaming it on lazy high schoolers.

Casualbystander, i need to buy u a beer. U hit the nail on the head. We shall see if Trapp makes the right decision at the end of the year or does his arrogance take over. Traveled to the Hole tonight to watch the same ole story.  2 bad football teams going at it. Congrats to Smith Co on the win. Macon got a big win tonight,  so we probably won't win that one next week. So that leaves Cumberland Co with a trip to the playoffs on the line. Oh well, 3-7 and playoff bound.  

10 minutes ago, Iceman2000 said:

Casualbystander, i need to buy u a beer. U hit the nail on the head. We shall see if Trapp makes the right decision at the end of the year or does his arrogance take over. Traveled to the Hole tonight to watch the same ole story.  2 bad football teams going at it. Congrats to Smith Co on the win. Macon got a big win tonight,  so we probably won't win that one next week. So that leaves Cumberland Co with a trip to the playoffs on the line. Oh well, 3-7 and playoff bound.  

Macon County is seemingly getting better as the season goes on and that should be expected they have a very good coach.