Farragut vs DB 2018

Ericdietz

Quite simply, we're all blessed to live in East Tennessee.

As for the playoff picture, it's hardly as clear as a headwater creek. And last year's win by Jefferson County over Science Hill (completely changing the playoff positions) serves as a reminder that there are no givens. But if I had to guess where teams might finish with 3 weeks remaining, I think it's most likely that D-B takes the no. 3 seed. If so, that would have the Tribe almost certainly traveling to either the Owls' Nest or Bradley in the opening round.

Hicks is a pretty special RB for D-B.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ErikG said:

Quite simply, we're all blessed to live in East Tennessee.

As for the playoff picture, it's hardly as clear as a headwater creek. And last year's win by Jefferson County over Science Hill (completely changing the playoff positions) serves as a reminder that there are no givens. But if I had to guess where teams might finish with 3 weeks remaining, I think it's most likely that D-B takes the no. 3 seed. If so, that would have the Tribe almost certainly traveling to either the Owls' Nest or Bradley in the opening round.

Hicks is a pretty special RB for D-B.

Erik,

Any word on Farragut's starting QB Wilkinson?  I'm hoping he won't miss any games.  He's definitely a better passer than our backup.

2 hours ago, FHS_Admiral said:

Erik,

Any word on Farragut's starting QB Wilkinson?  I'm hoping he won't miss any games.  He's definitely a better passer than our backup.

I haven't heard anything yet. Like you, I'm hoping he can go this week, but if he can't, at least there's an open date that follows. While Gavin is the more pure passer and possesses the stronger arm, I have no doubt that Jake has the full confidence of his teammates and the coaching staff -- and plenty of confidence himself. He's been getting close to half the reps in practice all season long. Farragut's fortunate; who besides Maryville has such a capable backup?

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Is Hardin Valley a make-it-or-break-it for DB?

Technically, no. But without a win vs. the Hawks, the Tribe would need a serious upset along the lines of last year's Jefferson Co - Science Hill game in order to qualify. 

By the way, Blazer, I don't know if you intentionally dug that 11-year-old FHS-DB thread out of the deep, dark recesses of the CoachT archives, but it was both a pleasure to revisit some memories of a very special team and sobering to reflect on some beloved individuals in and around the Farragut program at that time that are no longer with us. Time flies. 11 years ain't what it used to be.

Edited by ErikG

5 hours ago, ErikG said:

By the way, Blazer, I don't know if you intentionally dug that 11-year-old FHS-DB thread out of the deep, dark recesses of the CoachT archives, but it was both a pleasure to revisit some memories of a very special team and sobering to reflect on some beloved individuals in and around the Farragut program at that time that are no longer with us. Time flies. 11 years ain't what it used to be.

It is occasionally fun to dig up an old thread and see how some things change and some things stay the same.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:12 PM, Admiralglasgowfarragut said:

Usually kids feed off coaches and when the coaching staff are getting unsportsmanlike penalties the kids think it’s ok for them to as well. Don’t apologize for being mountain folk. That explains why you won’t allow teams to live broadcast from your stadium. The running water is a nice improvement. Good luck winning out and I hope y’alls dreams of playing Maryville in the first round come true.

You're the most butt hurt person I've ever seen after a win. What kind of shape are you in after a loss?

42 minutes ago, WBNC83 said:

HV is not good. I think DB beats them soundly this week.

I would agree with under coached, average talent, a "track school", or even undisciplined... but I think "not good" should stay reserved for teams like Sullivan Central, Heritage, and Jellico.  If your basis for "not good" is Friday against the Toppers - then you haven't paid attention.  Plus... if HVA is "not good", then what does that make SH for barely beating them.  Again... if you paid attention the game Friday could have easily swung in HVA's direction all night.  But then again the Hawks failed to secure the win against a beatable 2-5 Toppers, so it does make sense they will be "beat soundly" by a 2-5 DB.  Sounds like a "slam dunk" to me.  :thumb:

Edited by RebelAtHeart