Bledsoe County @ McMinn Central

OldCharger

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, OldCharger said:

Who gets the win?

Should be a competitive game regardless.....

This will be Central's last chance for a victory this year.  Bledsoe isn't a region game so it won't help the Chargers if they win, other than it would give them a win. Bledsoe only has one victory this season but Central has already lost to two teams this year giving those teams their first and only victory so far. I want to believe the Chargers can do it, but do the players believe they can?

8 hours ago, payner410 said:

Bledsaw by 21!!!!!!

Payner, you are not allowed to guess anymore :)

Man guys, just can't seem to get over the hump.  Like I said, I am seeing some fight out of these guys.  Bledsoe reminds me a little bit of the Seq. team we played earlier this year.  Feel like we can play with these guys.  Hoping for a homecoming and senior night win for these boys!!

Team needs something good to happen. Too many on these threads do not understand that every school or team is not Alcoa, Maryville or Greenville. For everyone of those, there are programs that are down for many and wide ranging reasons.  Those can be discussed on other postings.  Lots of teams out there with no wins or just 1 win....kids practice, coaches game plan and both invest themselves in doing their very best. Football is a game where you practice 4 or 5 days a week and play for about 3 hours. Takes special kids to that with negative outcomes for an extended period of time.

3 hours ago, Charger64 said:

Team needs something good to happen. Too many on these threads do not understand that every school or team is not Alcoa, Maryville or Greenville. For everyone of those, there are programs that are down for many and wide ranging reasons.  Those can be discussed on other postings.  Lots of teams out there with no wins or just 1 win....kids practice, coaches game plan and both invest themselves in doing their very best. Football is a game where you practice 4 or 5 days a week and play for about 3 hours. Takes special kids to that with negative outcomes for an extended period of time.

Nah, man. Most of us would be happy being like Meigs or Greenback! :roll:

I don't know about Greenback, but to be like Meigs, Central coaches would need to start recruiting kids in 7th and 8th grade @ their feeder programs and other feeder programs. I dont see Central coaches doing that. 10 of 22 Meig's starters are not Meig's county products. If Central can keep the Etowah kids from going to McMinn to sit on the bench for 2-3 years then they'll be fine. Those athletes can start day 1 @ CHS. You have a couple kids over at McMinn that would be feature backs (QB/RB) for Central right now. Instead, one of them is riding the bench and the other is playing defense :/

32 minutes ago, OldCharger said:

I don't know about Greenback, but to be like Meigs, Central coaches would need to start recruiting kids in 7th and 8th grade @ their feeder programs and other feeder programs. I dont see Central coaches doing that. 10 of 22 Meig's starters are not Meig's county products. If Central can keep the Etowah kids from going to McMinn to sit on the bench for 2-3 years then they'll be fine. Those athletes can start day 1 @ CHS. You have a couple kids over at McMinn that would be feature backs (QB/RB) for Central right now. Instead, one of them is riding the bench and the other is playing defense 

Truth on all fronts.

41 minutes ago, OldCharger said:

I don't know about Greenback, but to be like Meigs, Central coaches would need to start recruiting kids in 7th and 8th grade @ their feeder programs and other feeder programs. I dont see Central coaches doing that. 10 of 22 Meig's starters are not Meig's county products. If Central can keep the Etowah kids from going to McMinn to sit on the bench for 2-3 years then they'll be fine. Those athletes can start day 1 @ CHS. You have a couple kids over at McMinn that would be feature backs (QB/RB) for Central right now. Instead, one of them is riding the bench and the other is playing defense :/

All Rhea?