TSSAA WRESTLING RULES MEETINGS

THEANIMAL

21 hours ago, cbg said:

Back in the day when close to 2/3 of the officials that called the state tournament wrestled in college they did make very few mistakes.  With very few of the officials today having ever wrestled in college it's a zoo at the state tournament.  Why would you want someone that made a poor call to be the one that reviews their own call.  It would require three officials; Larry, Moe and Curley.  

Well said.  Not sure I have ever seen a secondary official provide a contrary opinion to the primary official.  As such, they're not going to overrule themselves just because there is video evidence.  Have you ever seen the evaluation committee at the State Tournament?  Its a dog and pony show.  I have personally watched them observe very bad calls with not only bad judgement but misapplication of the rules.  I never saw them corrected and the same official is rewarded for their ineptitude with a return trip to State the following season.  Makes sense.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:10 PM, ObserverW said:

Well said.  Not sure I have ever seen a secondary official provide a contrary opinion to the primary official.  As such, they're not going to overrule themselves just because there is video evidence.  Have you ever seen the evaluation committee at the State Tournament?  Its a dog and pony show.  I have personally watched them observe very bad calls with not only bad judgement but misapplication of the rules.  I never saw them corrected and the same official is rewarded for their ineptitude with a return trip to State the following season.  Makes sense.

The best part is when officials compliment one of the other officials by saying it's take guts to make that kind of call. 

Two things: 1.  Why would it take guts to make the correct call?  This is crazy the call is correct or incorrect.

2.  Way to may officials are now making the match about themselves.  They want to prove how much they know about wrestling and come up with some obscure rule and then misapply the rule.  If the official is not 100% sure about a judgement call just swallow your whistle.  It's like not calling stalling in the first 5:30 of a match and then warning a kid and dinging them for a point in the last 5 seconds.  If you had done this type of BS with the old school officials they would have killed you for prolonging the match when they could have been out of the gym and on their way for adult beverages.  

On 10/11/2018 at 8:59 AM, 3bigd said:

Make the match exciting.

Eliminate stalling penality in the last minute of the match if the score is not tied.

I am ahead on points and run the perimeter eventually you will catch me. 

Better than watching a slow dance to overtime 

Are you for real?  I hope you don't have a vote :-?