South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Bouldin man)

Roy Dillard

5 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Lol!!!! Fired up huh?? Whitwell win Friday. Pressure is on both teams... I promise you the SP Players dont want to be first team to lose to Whitwell and the Whitwell team will want to be first to get the W. Game will be close and will come down to who makes the least mistakes. 

Yep. The team that can keep its cool and avoid costly mistakes will walk away a winner.

4 hours ago, AllAboutTheW said:

Please don’t tell me you’re using lyles quotes 

Lyle, he had us fooled for a while laying bricks.

Here'syour useless info for the game-

Of opponents that SP has played twice in the same year, they have never split wins. Also, Boyd in '03 and jasper in 1925 are the only teams to have beaten SP twice in the same season. The rest of the time SP has won both matchups when playing a team multiple times in a season.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

7 hours ago, MrLegit said:

Someone from whitwell talking about IQ is funny.

Easy now...my daughter graduated 2nd in her class from Whitwell and is in her Junior year at TTU to be a Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse! 

Now as for the game, SP beat Whitwell twice last year with pretty much the same team Whitwell has this year! Here’s the problem I see. Does Whitwell have the confidence in themselves to actually believe they can beat SP? Will they come out all bowed up to prove a point which as we all know can lead to simple mistakes that snowball into bigger mistakes! 

SP has been in this type of environment many many times. They know what to expect and I don’t think their nerves will be on edge like Whitwell’s. Not taking anything away from them and their record as of now. I just believe SP has the mind set that they won’t be beat and Whitwell has a little voice in the back of their mind saying “ can we actually do this!” 

Line up, buckle those chin straps tight and play smash mouth football! That’s what separates SP from other teams! SP defense is just plain down right mean! 

We will all see around 9 or 9:30 Friday night which team gets the win! 

16 hours ago, AllAboutTheW said:

SP doesn’t have one kid that’s as dynamic as #8  

Just like last season you guys snuck out a win - If Trousdsle had other weapons they would have used them. You was able to key on one guy and made the stops when it mattered. A win is a win.  Your concern is #9 for some reason lol ? I’m sure he will get his carries Friday night especially after the coaches watching the Whitwell Trousdale game film lol. 

Friday night your defense and SP defense will be tested for sure .  Being honest SP offense just hasn’t clicked on all cylinders just yet . When they do ,  they will be hard to stop , but they aren’t there just yet. Sometimes big games bring out the best , I hope that’s the case Friday night - Just like last season here we are again except this hunt is starting in the jungle, hoping round two takes place in the Pirates pit 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Easy now...my daughter graduated 2nd in her class from Whitwell and is in her Junior year at TTU to be a Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse! 

Now as for the game, SP beat Whitwell twice last year with pretty much the same team Whitwell has this year! Here’s the problem I see. Does Whitwell have the confidence in themselves to actually believe they can beat SP? Will they come out all bowed up to prove a point which as we all know can lead to simple mistakes that snowball into bigger mistakes! 

SP has been in this type of environment many many times. They know what to expect and I don’t think their nerves will be on edge like Whitwell’s. Not taking anything away from them and their record as of now. I just believe SP has the mind set that they won’t be beat and Whitwell has a little voice in the back of their mind saying “ can we actually do this!” 

Line up, buckle those chin straps tight and play smash mouth football! That’s what separates SP from other teams! SP defense is just plain down right mean! 

We will all see around 9 or 9:30 Friday night which team gets the win! 

My 2 girls graduated 1 and 2 from South Pittsburg and Im not politically correct. Congrats to your daughter by the way. The rest of your points are spot on. Everyone is talking about what whitwell has to prove and what there thinking. I'm pretty sure that the pirates have one thing on there mind. Prove that they are still the bullies of the valley and get back to have another go with the other orange and black team.