Springfield vs Portland

DutchMantel

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

I am going with the Jackets. We need to keep the pedal to the metal and win these last three games. There is no coasting into the playoffs.  A let down game will be a L in the three that remain 

I agree 100%. They can’t let any one keep hanging around in these ball games. They need to gain some traction before the playoffs  start, to get momentum to make a deep run.

Give 23 more touches. Handoffs, pitches or something. 

Our front 7 or 8 is undersized and struggle against good running teams. Struggle getting off blocks at times. Not sure what they can do.  Portland will be similar to MC

When 32 came in to play FS last night big plays happened. But he is getting hit to much on offense. I hope he holds up going into the playoffs.

2 hours ago, copacanobra said:

Even though Portland lost to Macon I think this will be a tough game for Springfield.  Portland is big and physical.  Still think Springfield wins though.  

MC is a tough team.  Their RB's and linemen are quick and fast.  It was an entertaining game though.  Portland supposedly similar in size and style to Central this maybe chapter 2 for us

17 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

MC is a tough team.  Their RB's and linemen are quick and fast.  It was an entertaining game though.  Portland supposedly similar in size and style to Central this maybe chapter 2 for us

Yes MC was a physical team, but I think the misdirection hurt the Jackets as much as the sheer physicality.

Just an FYI, but the guys who live stream the Springfield games on YouTube may not be able to do the Portland game. They mentioned at the end of the Montgomery Central broadcast that they had been told there was no service at the field at Portland so they didn't think they would be able to do the game. They were going to check into it and try to get it done though. 

Edited by JacketLover