Jackson County at Watertown

TigerFan76

21 minutes ago, ReignofPurple said:

I agree with that and to be honest I was not pumped about last night’s game either. I knew it would be a walkover just like everyone else. I think Webster used it as a glorified scrimmage to get Bryce going. 

I think another factor is fall break. That throws them out of their normal routine. And we all know how much routine plays into everyone’s habits 

All probably true. Let’s hope everything comes together next week. 

36 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

Jackson County is ranked 322nd in the state out of 342 teams. They are 1-7 and that win was 14-0 over 338th ranked Red Boiling Springs. Like somebody else mentioned Cascade beat them by 28 points.

I knew they were having a bad season but I didn't know it was that bad im guessing in two weeks the young yellow jackets will get a lot of playing time 

15 hours ago, TigerFan76 said:

Your 100% correct. Nothing should have changed for tonight’s game or the the next 2. When he feels a slight bit of pressure he’s running for the side line trying to get out of bounds, where #25 would put his foot in the ground and turn it into a yardage.   Just go back and look at last years week 2 playoff game against Tyner, flushed out of the pocket twice and threw 2 interceptions, 1 for a pick 6. 

Well being close to the team for the past two seasons I know that the tyner game cannot be fully put on webster. I say this because they threw the ball 30 plus times for 350 (which they hadn’t done all season) because they couldn’t run the ball to save their life. It would have been a totally different game if the left guard didn’t let the hill kid get smacked for a loss of 4 on the goal line solely because he didn’t block a soul. On top of that I was told that left guard went into the locker room at half and said “I don’t want to be here”. Granted Webster isn’t the best quarterback, but when you have  4 total rushing yards on the night and two dropped Td passes. it’s hard to come out successful. Also the two interceptions that were thrown by him were actually in the pocket and one was just as much d Ray’s fault for his alignment. Not trying to offend you just informing you on some missing pages from the story

44 minutes ago, Ptpman96 said:

Well being close to the team for the past two seasons I know that the tyner game cannot be fully put on webster. I say this because they threw the ball 30 plus times for 350 (which they hadn’t done all season) because they couldn’t run the ball to save their life. It would have been a totally different game if the left guard didn’t let the hill kid get smacked for a loss of 4 on the goal line solely because he didn’t block a soul. On top of that I was told that left guard went into the locker room at half and said “I don’t want to be here”. Granted Webster isn’t the best quarterback, but when you have  4 total rushing yards on the night and two dropped Td passes. it’s hard to come out successful. Also the two interceptions that were thrown by him were actually in the pocket and one was just as much d Ray’s fault for his alignment. Not trying to offend you just informing you on some missing pages from the story

Since you are so close to this team, go back and watch the film from last night and then go watch the last 5 games when the personnel was different. The last 5 games we have beat teams like a drum. Webster’s son comes back and we start slinging the ball all over the field on the first drive of the game. D ray gets 0 touches, and we don’t score. If you are a fan of this team and you want them to succeed you cannot say that having #16 out there will benefit this team. If he is the QB we will lose round 2. Face the facts and quit trying to blame other people because everybody sees that this could turn into a fiasco quick. 

My opinion on the price\webster debate on who should be playing qb is that if price is the qb we don’t have a passing game or a great one anyway and I don’t think we have the o-line to run the ball every play y’all say there really good and there not bad but Watertown hasn’t played anyone besides trousdale and the o-line didn’t dominate honestly with Webster at qb we have a balanced offense which makes defenses don’t know what we are gonna do price is a great player best player on the team by far but for Watertown to go far I think they need him at WR

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thewaterboy16 said:

My opinion on the price\webster debate on who should be playing qb is that if price is the qb we don’t have a passing game or a great one anyway and I don’t think we have the o-line to run the ball every play y’all say there really good and there not bad but Watertown hasn’t played anyone besides trousdale and the o-line didn’t dominate honestly with Webster at qb we have a balanced offense which makes defenses don’t know what we are gonna do price is a great player best player on the team by far but for Watertown to go far I think they need him at WR

Yes the best team we played was TC and had Price not come in the game we would’ve lost that game. Also we run the ball to win. Tigers are just Better with The ball in Prices Hands. Just my Opinion.

1 hour ago, TigerFan76 said:

Yes the best team we played was TC and had Price not come in the game we would’ve lost that game. Also we run the ball to win. Tigers are just Better with The ball in Prices Hands. Just my Opinion.

Price touched the ball  less than 5 times on the creekbank before he went in at qb he did not touch the ball much last night either. When he is at qb one of the best players in this region and the best athlete that has ever come through h20town touches it every play. It will take both playing qb mixing It up to make it to Cookeville. TC scheme on d had h20 figured out they doubled price and knew Webster would not beat them with his legs so when price had to go in they had no answer for him that is they scored twice in 7 min. If they use the same personnel and break the huddle with either at qb it will be hard to defend. Webster is a good qb but he has one of the best athletes in the state that can do it all playing on the same team.Hopefully Coach Webster will use all of his weapons when needed. That's why he coaches high school football and we coach from the couch..

Guys and gals. We are going to need to be able to throw the ball in the playoffs. As good as Price is, he is not a QB. maybe sprinkling in some wildcat is good but against good teams you cannot run that for a whole game. Webster may not be the best QB but he’s decent and with our Defense and running game we can do big things. Trust the process.