CENTRAL / SOUTH DOYLE, GONNA BE A BATTLE

dawgs82

Had lunch with a SD coach friend last week and he told me that they are as healthy as they have been since early in the season.  

And from what I hear from a Central coaching friend, they are as well.  

I think that's going to be a great football game.  If my much better half and I weren't going to be at the beach this weekend, I would definitely make that one.  Guess I will have to check it out via DCM.  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central has too many players playing both way. I  can see the first quarter having no points scored or Central coming out on top but they will get tired in a dog fight. They haven't had many of those this year. Young is back in full speed and Ball has averaged over 100 yards receiving a game since he has returned. Going to be a great game. I have SD winning 24-14

SD has had a fairly cupcake schedule all year.  Not sure the Kees have seen an aggressive D like Central's other than the Bearden game - and you saw how that turned out.  Wish I could see this one in person, should be a doozy!  I think Central pulls this one out late, but SD will probably keep it close most of the night.

CHS 35  SD 21

Central has a very athletic and aggressive defense for a quarter and a half. Then there two way players are tired and are not very aggressive. We can see that firsthand from both Tennessee High and Fulton. South-Doyle was up in that Bearden game and driving down the field to score again when their big TE got hurt. Seemed like SD was struggling to find rhythm without having that TE in the game. Now there offense has completely changed. With that big TE still in the game I think SD would have had a shot to beat the team that just beat Farragut. Doyle has a lot more depth than Central and I think that will be the resulting factor in this game.

Central has 4 players that start on both offense and defense. Now they have offensive starters that are backups on defense and vice versa. And to use the Tennessee High and Fulton games as proof of conditioning isn't exactly a good measuring stick. 80-90 degree temps those first few games. Not a team in the state that wasn't sucking eggs by the 4th quarter those weeks. They have considerable depth, I look forward to seeing SD's. Central by 2 TD's!

Not sure where this depth SD has is coming from, at least from the film I’ve seen. SD is good, Brang is a good QB, Young is a great RB and Ball is a great WR. Two X factors for SD is their Oline and the other Young. Make no mistake about it, the little guy at WR, Elijah’s Brother I believe, is probably the fastest player on the field and could be trouble. But we will prepare for that, this will be a great game,I look forward to it