Pearl Cohn vs East Nashville

FBfan26

#8 Pearl Cohn comes over to take on #3 East Nashville. East Nashville is underfeated and basically has been blowing teams out. PC comes in 6-2 with loses to MBA and CPA. This game will be for the region title and home field advantage during the playoffs. My concern about this game is Will East Nashville field hold up. They only have one field and they have soccer games and the football teams practice on the field. I attended the last game and kids was slipping all night. It Also looked wet" Havent rained all week" Can East Nashville be  Discipline enough? Can PC get the Defense together after the Basketball score yesterday.

Edited by FBfan26

3 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

This should be the game of the week in Middle Tennessee.

No doubt! My current thinking is the loser of this game will come to Fairview in round 2. Both look loaded and ready to make a run. I've saw East fade away the last few weeks of the season many times. For that reason I'll take PC in this one in a very spirited and emotional game. 

• Like 1

EN has only faded away once in recent years. About 5 years ago they were undefeated and had just beaten PC. The next game they came out a bit flat against NC and then the QB went down and EN went from 8-0 to 8-3 and done. The other recent years they weren't really in the picture to begin with.

The past is the past and this year's team seems to have confidence which can go a long way. With that said it can also go away very quickly.

Pulling for EN but my pick would be PC. I just don't know how EN will respond to really being tested. They took care of MW but PC is better.

East Nashville wins this game Friday night! Pearl-Cohn is finally out matched. PC has always had the better athletes, but not this go around. East Nashville has a potent offense that gives defensive coordinators headaches. The last time these two teams were equality matched was 5 years go when East Nashville beat Pearl at Vanderbilt - Pearl had KeShawn Vaughn and East had Isiah Upton (one of best game in metro history). East has the better athletes this year and Pearl's defense couldn't stop ANYONE!  Fans better come early! Although Pearl is the big brother in this bitter rivalry, East comes out on top this fight 

East Nashville 42 

Pearl Cohn 35

54 minutes ago, ballinup90 said:

East Nashville wins this game Friday night! Pearl-Cohn is finally out matched. PC has always had the better athletes, but not this go around. East Nashville has a potent offense that gives defensive coordinators headaches. The last time these two teams were equality matched was 5 years go when East Nashville beat Pearl at Vanderbilt - Pearl had KeShawn Vaughn and East had Isiah Upton (one of best game in metro history). East has the better athletes this year and Pearl's defense couldn't stop ANYONE!  Fans better come early! Although Pearl is the big brother in this bitter rivalry, East comes out on top this fight 

East Nashville 42 

Pearl Cohn 35

East had better athletes last year also, and still got beat 90-8 in two games.

Edited by FIREBIRD80

1 hour ago, ballinup90 said:

East Nashville 42 

Pearl Cohn 35

Dang you hard on PC defense. I know we played a basketball game last night but gezzzzz.

2 hours ago, workinprogress said:

EN has only faded away once in recent years. About 5 years ago they were undefeated and had just beaten PC. The next game they came out a bit flat against NC and then the QB went down and EN went from 8-0 to 8-3 and done. The other recent years they weren't really in the picture to begin with.

The past is the past and this year's team seems to have confidence which can go a long way. With that said it can also go away very quickly.

Pulling for EN but my pick would be PC. I just don't know how EN will respond to really being tested. They took care of MW but PC is better.

Being 8-0 and having confidence sometimes is dangerous. East still the is #3 team in 3a and pearl cohn is the #8 team.