Regions 5AA vs. 6AA Scenario

@38320

13 hours ago, Salem said:

Region 5 had a 3-1 record versus Region 6 last season in first round playoff games. The region 5 champ went on to beat the region 6 champ decisively in the quarterfinals. 

2 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

After a lot of mouth running by R6 folks beforehand i might add. 

I did add. 

Why dont you guys actually talk how the games matchup this yr.

13 hours ago, EHSEagles said:

Yeah, we'll have to win out to get to 1 or 2. Will be interesting to see how CA does now that their starting QB is out for the year, and we're bout to find out in 5 days. 

I would like for waverly to play eville. I have never got to watch you guys play. Yall seem to be doing pretty well this yr.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 11:46 AM, vandyfan1 said:

Why dont you guys actually talk how the games matchup this yr.

Last year’s results provide insight to anyone reading the post that isn’t familiar to the region. While nothing is decided chances are Region 5 will have the same four teams in the same positions 1-4 as last season. The first round matchups look similar as last season and should have similar results. 

The only questions are: can Eagleville go on the road again and defeat the #2 Riverside Panthers in round 1 and can CA travel to Waverly with a backup QB in the quarterfinals and knock off the Tigers.

2 hours ago, Salem said:

Last year’s results provide insight to anyone reading the post that isn’t familiar to the region. While nothing is decided chances are Region 5 will have the same four teams in the same positions 1-4 as last season. The first round matchups look similar as last season and should have similar results. 

The only questions are: can Eagleville go on the road again and defeat the #2 Riverside Panthers in round 1 and can CA travel to Waverly with a backup QB in the quarterfinals and knock off the Tigers.

Good post. In my opinion Waverly is a lot better than last yr. Dont let the record fool you. Riverside is much better than last yr but there is a couple of tough teams in R5. Your region is still up for grabs. The 3rd and 4th seed from R6 dont really stand a chance against R5. We have a couple of down teams in R6. I wouldnt sleep on Hickman county tho. Should be some good games come playoff time!

IMO, Waverly is somewhat better than they were last year. Riverside is considerably better than last year. Hickman Co. is a little better than last year, and Scotts Hill is in rebuilding mode. I never can tell about the top three teams in region 5. If Eagleville is any better than they were last year, I don't want none of that coming to Riverside again! I've got a feeling they are, and I have a hunch they will win tonight. 

2 hours ago, @38320 said:

IMO, Waverly is somewhat better than they were last year. Riverside is considerably better than last year. Hickman Co. is a little better than last year, and Scotts Hill is in rebuilding mode. I never can tell about the top three teams in region 5. If Eagleville is any better than they were last year, I don't want none of that coming to Riverside again! I've got a feeling they are, and I have a hunch they will win tonight. 

Eagleville is a solid, well coached 2A team. They play a weak nonregion schedule. Their best player from 2017 is still their best player in 2018. They aren't as consistent as the 2017 group. They should have beaten Lewis Co but they should have lost to Forrest.

The team completely quit in the 2nd quarter of the Cornersville game. Cornersville defense dominated the game. They fell behind 27-0 at halftime of that game and didn't look like they belonged on the field with those bulldogs. We will see tonight if that was an anomaly. 

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:32 PM, @38320 said:

An opinion from the Region 5 side.

CA and Lewis County are better than the 2017 versions; Eagleville and Forrest are not as good as they were last season.  Not sure how the injury bug will affect CA the rest of the season.

8 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

I don't think CA is better than their "playoffs added 10 kids since halloween" version last year. 

I also think LC was better last year.

Just the eyeball test. I saw Forrest vs LC 2017 and 2018 and I've seen CA 4x the last two seasons. Forrest 2017 and 2018 and vs Waverly last year and Eagleville this year.     

LC has improved every game since the Eagleville game. I think it was a wakeup for the team as a whole. I think LC today is a better version, improved from last year. This three game stretch they are in the middle of will show what they are made of.