Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
KnoxSportsMom

Best Rivalry in Knox - BHS v FHS

Recommended Posts

Best rivalry in Knoxville this week...Bearden v Farragut.  Farragut is coming to Bearden 8-0 but with a couple of key injuries.  Bearden is 6-1 coming off their bye week.  Don't know about their injury status.  Bearden hasn't beaten Farragut since 2012.  (Best high school game I've ever seen, BHS came from behind and won in 3OT). 

What's the thought on this game?  Who's your money on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KnoxSportsMom said:

Best rivalry in Knoxville this week...Bearden v Farragut.  Farragut is coming to Bearden 8-0 but with a couple of key injuries.  Bearden is 6-1 coming off their bye week.  Don't know about their injury status.  Bearden hasn't beaten Farragut since 2012.  (Best high school game I've ever seen, BHS came from behind and won in 3OT). 

What's the thought on this game?  Who's your money on?

Well, it is a rivalry game I guess due to the proximity of the schools, but Farragut usually has the upper hand in the series.   Now and then the Bulldogs can jump up and bite however.   If Farragut doesn't play well, that could very well happen this time, as the Bulldogs are a pretty decent team.   Farragut needs to stay focused and play like they are capable of playing.   If that happens, I see Farragut winning this game comfortably something like 28-10 or 35-14.   The score may also depend upon whether or not Farragut's starting QB can play this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate that this game is during fall break. And with likely no changes to Region 1's membership for the next 2 year cycle, I suspect the region schedule for all teams will remain constant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ErikG said:

I hate that this game is during fall break. And with likely no changes to Region 1's membership for the next 2 year cycle, I suspect the region schedule for all teams will remain constant.

Erik, it would be better if it wasn't during fall break.  So much school spirit goes into this rivalry, with the whole Farragut Farmers thing, so it would be better if school was in session.

Also Erik, I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your broadcasts, along with your color guy, whose name I forget.  I don't like in the Knoxville area anymore, so my connection to the program is your broadcast and the streaming service.  You guys do such a great job and I really enjoy it!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:17 PM, FHS_Admiral said:

Erik, it would be better if it wasn't during fall break.  So much school spirit goes into this rivalry, with the whole Farragut Farmers thing, so it would be better if school was in session.

Also Erik, I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your broadcasts, along with your color guy, whose name I forget.  I don't like in the Knoxville area anymore, so my connection to the program is your broadcast and the streaming service.  You guys do such a great job and I really enjoy it!!!

As it turns out Region 1 teams will redraw for their region schedule over the next 2 years. So maybe that will work out better where the Farragut-Bearden game is concerned.

Thanks for the kind words and for listening. Tonight we've got a 1-hour pregame show (lots of series history stuff early in the hour) that will begin at 6 pm ahead of the 7 o'clock kickoff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

As an unbiased outsider with no skin in the game, I think Bearden had a little help from the officiating crew. Farragut was driving right down the field to win the game and the flags started flying.

YOU SAW THAT TOO LOL!

#LOP 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...