Oakdale football shuts down

LilGoose10

On 10/10/2018 at 1:13 PM, GBO52 said:

I'm surprised Red Boiling Springs still has a football program... heard they didn't have enough kids to field a JR High team this year so I would say its coming soon for RBS as well

I watched them play a couple times this year and they only had about 15 players. I am not joking when I tell you that their depth chart has starters for both sides of the ball and then backup 1, 2 and 3. When somebody has to come out or gets injured then backup #1 goes in regardless of position. Then so on.... One of the games I watched they were down to 12 players by the end of the game and could barely run a play and had multiple punts blocked because they were getting blown up on the line every play.

RBS has been playing decent as of recent years but this year looks like the old RBS teams that went years and years without winning a game.

On 10/13/2018 at 10:50 AM, steelcityroller said:

I watched them play a couple times this year and they only had about 15 players. I am not joking when I tell you that their depth chart has starters for both sides of the ball and then backup 1, 2 and 3. When somebody has to come out or gets injured then backup #1 goes in regardless of position. Then so on.... One of the games I watched they were down to 12 players by the end of the game and could barely run a play and had multiple punts blocked because they were getting blown up on the line every play.

RBS has been playing decent as of recent years but this year looks like the old RBS teams that went years and years without winning a game.

I have heard that the guys that want to play football will have to play for Macon sometime in the near future.

On 10/13/2018 at 9:14 AM, Indian said:

Maybe they can co-op with one of the other nearby schools. They’re small so even if they counted Oakdalw enrollment it may not cause a jump to 2A. 

co ops do not add to your enrollment. look at pearl cohn they  co op with mlk who has over 800 students.