Dyersburg at Ripley

Trojan1976

A win this week for Dyersburg will make us 8-0, and will secure the Regional championship. I hope that the Trojans are staying Focus and not letting up on their opppnents. I'm basing this off the score from Laat Friday, we got Bolivar down and in the 4th quarter let them back in the game. Now is the time when we want to dominate like we were doing earlier in the campaign.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely Ripley will put up more of a fight, two teams who are former Big 10 Rivals from those gone by. The Tigers will play for pride if nothing less, abd definitely will muster up a significant attack. Beating Dyersburg would be the highlight of their season. Trojans better play fearless and not take their foot off the throttle to victory on Friday. Ripley, has nothing to lose so their play will be fearless.

I agree with you Charger fan, correct me if I'm wrobg but didn't Ripley play you guys close until halftime? The rubning back is only a sophomore and the QB (Ross) I think he's a Sr. and has played all 4 yrs., in this position as QB, therefore he has lots of experience in his role.  They wont be afraid or i intimidated...

Hope the Trojans get "focused" this week.  The last two weeks has been a letdown, although an ugly win is just as good as a dominating win.

Against a pretty decent Jackson Northside team, Dyersburg put up 40 points, although they had 150+ plus yards in penalties.

Against Bolivar, after the first quarter, the offense was non-existent.  Yes, they scored 21 points in the first quarter and left a potential 14 more off the Board in the second quarter as those two drives stalled inside the 10 yard line. Other drives stalled in the second half....NEED TO FINISH...... IMO, Bolivar was not that good and was not near as good as Northside, although most all of their losses were close games that could have gone either way.

If Dyersburg gets it together, they should run the schedule. 

Circle Haywood, as they will be the best 4 loss team in Tennessee....they are far better than undefeated Jackson Southside IMO, which means nothing :).

Couple of more weeks, the warm up for the playoffs is finished....we enter the second season and everyone is 0-0........

Good luck Dyersburg.......remember what Ike Peel told Dyersburg Football players a few years back.....don't let the other team embarrass you in front of your mother......you embarrass the heck out of the other team in front of their mothers......go out there and smash them in the mouth, and don't stop smashing until you get back to the locker room.

Ike Peel American Hero VFL.....https://utsports.com/news/2010/6/15/Last_Member_of_Neyland_s_Final_Staff_Dies_in_West_Tennessee.aspx

Edited by mg

Dyersburg has gone backwards the last three weeks, both offensively and defensively.........it looks like we are stuck in reverse and are going faster out of control with each game. 

They are not playing good ball for whatever reason and are not playing like a top ten team. 

At the half, Ripley leads 17 to 16.......Dyersburg is stuck in reverse with the pedal to metal........

Edited by mg

19 minutes ago, mg said:

Dyersburg has gone backwards the last three weeks, both offensively and defensively.........it looks like we are stuck in reverse and are going faster out of control with each game. 

They are not playing good ball for whatever reason and are not playing like a top ten team. 

At the half, Ripley leads 17 to 16.......Dyersburg is stuck in reverse with the pedal to metal........

Give some updates as the game goes on please.