Bradley visits Heritage

BarneySox2007

44 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Heritage and Wb played Alcoa for decades. Then decided to run away, take an easier route, avoid an obstacle, etc.

The kids know the adults are doing this, so the adults have zero credibility with the kids when they are trying to hold them accountable.

Its like a preacher that openly cheats on his wife with several women in the community try to preach about adultery to the families in the congregation of those same women.

You can't demand respect, accountability, hard work, commitment, Competition, from kids, when you blatantly don't practice some of those qualities yourself.

The kids hear from other kids that they are scared to compete, the adults actions verify what the other kids are telling them then the coaches have the nerve to get mad at the kids for not competing.

So, you're saying a guy like Tim Hammontree, doesn't work hard, isn't committed, and is afraid of competition? If that's what you believe the you have obviously never met the man. The only thing that generates excitement is winning games. Playing an non-region game vs. Alcoa doesn't make a program better if there is no chance of competing. The idea that not playing Alcoa is a reason Heritage is unsuccessful is pretty silly. The only good thing that comes from that is the gate money. 

44 minutes ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

So, you're saying a guy like Tim Hammontree, doesn't work hard, isn't committed, and is afraid of competition? If that's what you believe the you have obviously never met the man. The only thing that generates excitement is winning games. Playing an non-region game vs. Alcoa doesn't make a program better if there is no chance of competing. The idea that not playing Alcoa is a reason Heritage is unsuccessful is pretty silly. The only good thing that comes from that is the gate money. 

What does the objective evidence say to the kids?

My opinion doesn't matter but for the record I was specifically thinking of another coach at another school when I gave that example.

Heritage and WB play Alcoa in every other sport and compete well.  so are  the adults are subconsciously telling the kids "You're not good enough, we're not good enough?"

Think I'll let this go. But its always fun to hear someone else's opinion. And in the end that's all this is. We can agree to disagree and move on.

1 hour ago, HHSFB10 said:

It’s true that when adults do the wrong things it’s impossible to get kids to do the right things. BUT, and this is a big but, heritage not playing Alcoa is not the wrong thing. It makes no sense for heritage to play them. They gain nothing from it. 

If I decide not to fight mike Tyson it doesn’t mean I’m running from competition, it means I know I’m not in the same league as Tyson and have no business fighting him. 

Then quit playing Alcoa in ALL sports.....:thumb: And, just forfeit to Murvul while you’re at it...

Edited by Throwdeslant

20 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Then quit playing Alcoa in ALL sports.....:thumb: And, just forfeit to Murvul while you’re at it...

Alcoa football is a different monster than all of the other sports. They probably should forfeit the maryville game. Heritage has no business being on the field with maryville. Maryville has won every game over the last 18 years by more than 42 points. 

3 minutes ago, HHSFB10 said:

Alcoa football is a different monster than all of the other sports. They probably should forfeit the maryville game. Heritage has no business being on the field with maryville. Maryville has won every game over the last 18 years by more than 42 points. 

Still say, if Heritage won’t/can’t play Alcoa in one sport, they shouldn’t expect to play other sports... That goes for WB also....

• Like 2

Just now, williebgovs04 said:

Mr. Hammer, now are you the one to pass judgment here?  You are one of many WB grads to send kids to the other schools, joining the other side is taking the easier route sir, you tell me what that tells your kids?

Easy. My son wanted to go to Alcoa, so it was a no brainer.  But its one of the best decisions we've made in a long time. If your son wanted to go to school that was a better fit for him, smaller enrollment, more community support, etc, what kind of parent says "no?"

Maybe you should ask why all these WB folks are sending their kids somewhere else. Don't give me  just give me the" football success" easy answer. I know dozens of folks I went to HS with who's kids don't play FB, that send their kids to other schools.

The football culture between the two programs is a night and day difference. Ask my older son what he thinks of WB's football program and if he wanted his brother to be there.

I'm certainly not perfect, but I'm happy for you to ask my sons or any of the other kids I coach or work with what kind of example they think I set for them.

18 minutes ago, williebgovs04 said:

... taking the easier route sir...

Maryville kids work their tails off in the classroom and in athletics. There is a culture of competition throughout the schools. 

You can attain great things at any school. There are National Merit Scholars at WB and Heritage. There are kids who make a 36 on their ACT at both schools also. 

I went to WB. My wife went to Heritage. Who gets to claim my kids.

26 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Maryville kids work their tails off in the classroom and in athletics. There is a culture of competition throughout the schools. 

You can attain great things at any school. There are National Merit Scholars at WB and Heritage. There are kids who make a 36 on their ACT at both schools also. 

Scholastically Maryville does...

34 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

RR coming strong with the reason and logic post