Top 10 AAA

fooseball95

It didn't take long for THE COWBOY to get things turned around at Brentwood High School!  Brentwood had trouble fielding a full team and was rarely if ever in the conversation as a Top 10 team.  Coach Smith shows up with his boots on and fills the team with athletes and  then begins to teach them how to wrestle.  If I didn't know any better I would say that Tommy Chesbro is manning the wrestling room at Brentwood with the way they compete.  

Edited by cbg

1 hour ago, cbg said:

It didn't take long for THE COWBOY to get things turned around at Brentwood High School!  Brentwood had trouble fielding a full team and was rarely if ever in the conversation as a Top 10 team.  Coach Smith shows up with his boots on and fills the team with athletes and  then begins to teach them how to wrestle.  If I didn't know any better I would say that Tommy Chesbro is manning the wrestling room at Brentwood with the way they compete.  

Brentwood went to state 5 years ago and almost went in 2016. Im pretty certain they have had a full team all those years and have always been really competitive in the region. Last year they did a great job and obviously it paid off at the end of the year. 

20 hours ago, werazzlin said:

I also think Brentwood and soddy should be checked up on also. 

19 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

I believe Soddy and Brentwood will always be in the conversation as a top 10 team. What about Mt Juliet?

Here we go again with the Soddy because they are Soddy, conversation.  Unless there are some transfers and upcoming freshmen that have been hiding under a rock, Soddy is NOT in the conversation.  You are correct though, they will always be in the conversation, but that doesn't mean they SHOULD be.  I told you all last year it was a hype machine when they were being picked top 5.  With all due respect, they are much worse off this season compared to last.  I was truly hoping we didn't have to do the legacy vote again this year but I guess I was wrong.  

12 minutes ago, ObserverW said:

Here we go again with the Soddy because they are Soddy, conversation.  Unless there are some transfers and upcoming freshmen that have been hiding under a rock, Soddy is NOT in the conversation.  You are correct though, they will always be in the conversation, but that doesn't mean they SHOULD be.  I told you all last year it was a hype machine when they were being picked top 5.  With all due respect, they are much worse off this season compared to last.  I was truly hoping we didn't have to do the legacy vote again this year but I guess I was wrong.  

Only time will tell but until then they will be mentioned, I do believe them having a coaching change will hurt them. So this could very well be a rebuilding year for them

Edited by fooseball95

4 hours ago, goblue1 said:

Brentwood went to state 5 years ago and almost went in 2016. Im pretty certain they have had a full team all those years and have always been really competitive in the region. Last year they did a great job and obviously it paid off at the end of the year. 

They went to state five years ago and almost went in 2016, do you really feel that is a great accomplishment?  Competitive in the region?  Again is that doing a good job?  I am not sure that would be considered a real accomplishment for THE COWBOY.  After being a student athlete in the OK State program and spending several years in the Purple Irish program something tells me that THE COWBOY will not be happy until the Bruins are knocking on the state championship door most every season.  It's amazing what a new coach and different approach will do for a program.  

Edited by cbg

29 minutes ago, cbg said:

They went to state five years ago and almost went in 2016, do you really feel that is a great accomplishment?  Competitive in the region?  Again is that doing a good job?  I am not sure that would be considered a real accomplishment for THE COWBOY.  After being a student athlete in the OK State program and spending several years in the Purple Irish program something tells me that THE COWBOY will not be happy until the Bruins are knocking on the state championship door most every season.  It's amazing what a new coach and different approach will do for a program.  

I like the all CAPS that is a nice approach. I guess they were irrelevant the past few years then. Good to see them back now. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 10:34 AM, goblue1 said:

Alright Damon Smith has single handily turned around Brentwood like he did Father Ryan. When he was at Father Ryan they won multiple state titles at a unheard of pace for Ryan, and sent multiple wrestlers to college. Before he got there not many Ryan wrestlers went to wrestle in college.  Then he goes to Brentwood and there we’re only like five guys on the team when he gets there and in a few short years they beat Father Ryan. His years of wrestling and being a part of a national championship team under John Smith can really be shown by all of the hardware and great wrestlers he coaches up everywhere he goes. Brentwood in a few years will be ranked in the country like Father Ryan was when he was there. Brentwood will be boot stomping their way to multiple state titles here shortly. 

On 10/11/2018 at 12:08 PM, deadlift said:

I believe my good friend Coach Roberts is just trying to get the spotlight off his own team. They still have plenty left over at Beech. As for our team at Clarksville, we're just happy to be in the conversation again.

They may have “plenty left over” but there’s no sugar coating the loss of Horst and Bates. That’s 2 of the best lightweights I’ve seen in my time. Both could be 4 timers. While they may have some kids step up into those spots, it’s no secret Beech will have a bit of a drop losing those 2. They aren’t immediately replaceable. But I still expect a strong bucs team that will be ready to roll. 

On 10/11/2018 at 12:29 PM, werazzlin said:

I also think Brentwood and soddy should be checked up on also. 

Not sure about Soddy and what they have, especially with the coaching change. Could be a down year. (Which could still be a top 10 team). As for Brentwood, it’s nice to see others catching on to what I already saw the past couple years. I was really high on the Bruins last year and everyone called me crazy...til the were on the podium in February. Coach Smith will once again have them locked and loaded for another big year. 

16 hours ago, Bump11 said:

They may have “plenty left over” but there’s no sugar coating the loss of Horst and Bates. That’s 2 of the best lightweights I’ve seen in my time. Both could be 4 timers. While they may have some kids step up into those spots, it’s no secret Beech will have a bit of a drop losing those 2. They aren’t immediately replaceable. But I still expect a strong bucs team that will be ready to roll. 

Is it true that both Horst and Bates did not attend Beech but were students at Station Camp?  The rumor is that Station Camp will be adding wrestling in 2019-2020 and the TSSAA has already told both families they will not be grandfathered and will be expected to wrestle for Station Camp when they begin a wrestling program.