MoWest/Greeneville recap

Guest trojantough

Guest trojantough

I would like to tell the trojans that they were real sports today! They did a wonderful job of controlling the passing attack of Baugh and company. Most importantly, West did what most teams could not do (in my opinion), they didn't lower themselves to Greenville when all the trash talking got out of hand. And for the most part, that started after Greenville realized they wouldn't be able to come back. I give all the respect in the world to the good sport greenville fans! But when a player gets injured from the opposing school,....you don't start yelling "roll him off the field." That is by far the worst sportsmanship from a student section or crowd that I have ever heard. That is just LOW. and as for the Baugh kid, stick to what you do best ....throwing the ball, not trash talking and throwing punches!!! Morristown West great job, but tomorrow forget about it. Next week you will have to play the your best game of the year; you've earned that right. :)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the "roll him off the field" chant was incredibly low, i could not believe i was hearing that, and how about the greeneville fans tearing down the posters that the west cheerleaders had worked so hard on? this was at halftime, there was no reason for that, i've seen that happen twice... both times by greeneville, before the game, i heard "yall stink" more times than i cared to from them, but in the end, we shut 'em up, i play for west and we couldn't figure out if those green devil faithful had given up or if they were heading to the concession stand for the hot dog special, cause they couldn't clear those stands fast enough, before the game was over, GREAT job trojans overcoming the obvious distractions and beating those PABs

Guest dldrive56

In every bunch there are a few bad apples, and Greenevile fans may have a few, but we did not go to any school that the Greeneville fans did not out number the other teams fans. Most of the schools we play have much larger fan base and student enrollment, but Greeneville has as loyal fans as anyone in East Tennessee. The majority does not want to see any player injured in any game. For the most part Greeneville's fans are not the way they've been portrayed, so don't put all of us in that catagory. Most of us are like all other fans, parents and grandparents out to support our sons. There was examples of no class shown by both teams fans and players. We do not see the point of pointing out the other teams examples of no class. A loss is dissapointing enough without someone using a medium such as this to put a tarnish on what was a good year. Lets leave it at that.

[Edited by coacht on 11-23-02 10:10P]

West ran through Greeneville for 327 yards on the ground; 208 in the second half.

Baugh was 15-30 for 291 and 3 TD's, but the Greeneville rushing attack was non-exsistent; 24 carries for 28 yards. They had -2 yards on 13 carries in the first half.

Davis had 193 yards on 24 carries for West.

The total offense was 349-319.

Me and the insider was there. The Maryville coaches and some of the players were there.

Morristown West had too much depth for Greeneville. I couldn't believe how few players Greeneville had. Greeneville fought hard in the 1st half and was outplaying Morristown West. But! All of Greeneville's players were playing both ways. They were tired in the 3rd quarter.

Charles Rucker and Chris Davis ran wild. Offensive line blew Greeneville off the ball.Especially in the 2nd half.Brandon Fanney,Emmanuel Frederick and whoever #21 and #49 was played real well today for Morristown West's defense.

I was impressed with Charlie Wilcox,Thomas Lister and Daniel Crosby. Cody Baugh was good but he made some silly mistakes today.

I thought the Greeneville student section hollering "roll him off the field" was classless. These are kids playing. #42 was someone's son,grandson,nephew.

[Edited by REBELRON on 11-23-02 10:02P]

Guest trojantough

I agree that every team as its share of bad apple's; you're right about that. But today, Greeneville had a few rotten one's that probably let their frustaration get in the way of their thinking. But when I heard the student section yelling "roll him off the field" I was just amazed at how a group of people could not have any heart, or respect for their team and supportive fans along side them. Greeneville is a great team,but at this point in the season a team can't afford to be one dimensional by just throwing the ball. I take nothing away from G'ville, their success has all my respect....but just their success. I'm not being rude but I heard last year that G'ville had the choice to become a 3A school, if that is true why didn't they? and also, what is Baugh's lowest passing game of the season?

#21 is Matt Noe and #49 is Kaleb Goforth....great job tonight guys! this is another time out of many that i can say 'i'm proud to be a trojan'...greeneville-good effort, but as it seems everyone is, i too was VERY disappointed in your fans...i thought they had more class than that, and i'm not sayin all of them were like that but when a bunch of them act the way they did today, it really gives EVERYONE a bad rep

The Greeneville team showed up and did what they have done all year and that was throw the ball well.

The difference was West didn't give up the deep ball because they played a nickel all night and still held the Greene Devils to very few yards rushing.

The Trojans defense had the Greene Devils fooled all night they never knew where the blitz was coming from and if not for a penalty and a drop the Trojans would've had three interception instead of one.

"Any time and any place" was Greeneville's rally cry.

Well this game could have been played in Baugh's back yard and the outcome would've been the same.

Good luck in Basketball season Devils :)

Greeneville's student population is 3A level, and has been. They choose to play up to 4A. I wasn't at the game, so I can't comment on the fans... but if they did behave as has been reported, I appologize for them. I am not a Greeneville fan, only a resident of Greene County, but hearing such things embarasses me for my fellows. Mo West good luck Friday nite, have a good game and be safe.

I was sitting next to the student section the whole game and I can honestly say it was not those kids who were yelling "roll him off the field".Unfortunately, It was a few of the adults who were yelling it. I didn't have a dog in that hunt But I went hoping to see a good game.I unfortunately was disappointed because the outcome of the game was Quite possibly affected by the poor officiating. The inept officials missed blatant holds on the part of both teams and West was offsides by at least a yard on 2 consecutive kickoffs. Perhaps the worst missed call of the night was a brutal late hit on Baugh that occurred 3 feet in front of a ref.(and right in front of the Greeneville stands).No wonder the fans were upset.And no wonder the officials took off running for the locker room after the game. They should be ashamed.