Mayfields Dairy visits William Blount

BarneySox2007

15 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Well finally WB did something I said at the first of the season. If they really want it bad enough they can win two more games than the 3-7 record I projected. That was a great comeback effort by McMinn in the end but why in the world did they not do an on side kick with 1:42 to go instead of kicking it with no timeouts left. Hopefully Bradley Central will take the Govs lightly next week and they can go 5-5. Shad for mayor of Alnwick if they do.

The old 'what have you done for me lately?' mentalilty….

But the Bears had better not take WB lightly.

That's the frustrating part, they work on these things in practice. They have a good kicker who can put the ball where he wants to most of the time.  Not sure if I agree with using all of your timeouts with 4:30 left, That game killed any hope McMinn had for a shot at the playoffs. I hate it for those kids, they played very hard, the coaches did not put them in the position to be successful. 

I know these coaches care about these kids and want to win, and I don't have the answer. It's just frustrating to see a talented team underachieve, year after year and continue to blame the youth and inexperience. 

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I watched the replay and in the very end McMinn had an excellent chance to win by a point and wasted so much time and topped it off by not kicking an onside kick. Let me guess they probably never practiced that before thinking it would never come into play. Bo don't know S***.

It was a clear attempt to onside kick, and kicked it as hard as he could in the direction of the front line but it was a mishit and went to high but did hit a player in the second line...

21 minutes ago, williebgovs04 said:

It was a clear attempt to onside kick, and kicked it as hard as he could in the direction of the front line but it was a mishit and went to high but did hit a player in the second line...

Willie I'm blind as a bat lately and just saw the ball being picked up down the field on the replay. Glad WB pulled the game off. That to me was a big win and one I didn't expect at all. Beating McMinn was one of those two games I thought before the season they could win if they wanted it bad enough and they did. Love to see them want the next one bad but that's going to be a tall order.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Willie I'm blind as a bat lately and just saw the ball being picked up down the field on the replay. Glad WB pulled the game off. That to me was a big win and one I didn't expect at all. Beating McMinn was one of those two games I thought before the season they could win if they wanted it bad enough and they did. Love to see them want the next one bad but that's going to be a tall order.

Yes it was, I agree with you.  I thought early it looked like a possible win, but as the season played out it wasn't looking like the Govs would win..   Now we are big McMinn co fans for the Cleveland game..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Past history is usually a good indicator of future performance.

Still, the only record difference between WB and McMinn was their win over a bad 3A team. Both teams had beaten Heritage by a similar margin. 

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91