2a state championship contenders

Bms54

Several good teams in the West and either could win it all if firing on all cylinders at the right time, Waverly, Union City, Peabody, (can't believe I'm saying this) CA, Fairly, and maybe even Gibson County. They definitely got my attention after the Peabody win, though they did get stomped by UC the next week. I'll be shocked if one of these teams above are not playing in Cookville. 

10 minutes ago, Super8Dad said:

Several good teams in the West and either could win it all if firing on all cylinders at the right time, Waverly, Union City, Peabody, (can't believe I'm saying this) CA, Fairly, and maybe even Gibson County. They definitely got my attention after the Peabody win, though they did get stomped by UC the next week. I'll be shocked if one of these teams above are not playing in Cookville. 

I can agree with that but GC is not a contender. I watched the UC game and was not impressed at all. UC looked very good other than the fumbles. CA and Fairley will be the only teams I wont be able to watch before the playoffs start.

16 minutes ago, Super8Dad said:

TCA is another good team not getting any credit 

28 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I can agree with that but GC is not a contender. I watched the UC game and was not impressed at all. UC looked very good other than the fumbles. CA and Fairley will be the only teams I wont be able to watch before the playoffs start.

Agreed,I keep hearing it was a 8 point game,but the scoreboard is not always a true barometer of what happened on the field,a coue of key fumbles by U.C kept it "looking" close,UC was doninate in every phase except the"trick" play

42 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Agreed,I keep hearing it was a 8 point game,but the scoreboard is not always a true barometer of what happened on the field,a couple of key fumbles by U.C kept it "looking" close,UC was doninate in every phase except the"trick" play

Edited by peabodypride

13 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

Agreed,I keep hearing it was a 8 point game,but the scoreboard is not always a true barometer of what happened on the field,a coue of key fumbles by U.C kept it "looking" close,UC was doninate in every phase except the"trick" play

Still can't count them out. They may not be the favorites, but they're too good for one of the consensus picks to overlook. I hope not to sound like I'm beating a dead horse, but in '16 Waverly came to Scotts Hill and flat out blasted us 40-0. They won every phase of that game convincingly, even though we knew what was coming (region opponents that we had plenty of film on, and had played in previous years). Fast forward to the playoffs, and we beat the #1 ranked Cardinals on their field, smoked Lewis County at their place, and went to Waverly for the rematch...we lost 20-14 and possessed the ball twice in the final five minutes to take the lead. Losing to Union City by eight doesn't guarantee that the Tornadoes (or anyone else) will eliminate this team in a few weeks. Go back to the GC vs. Peabody thread and re read what even the Tide fans said about the Pioneers play on the field, and any of the favorites could fall to them if they aren't very careful.

• Upvote 1