2a state championship contenders

Bms54

23 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

Deep down you know you want to come back to the Creekbank when its 35 or below at kickoff and like 20 and below on the visitors side lol 

It was a really nice place honestly. Was humid the night I was there. Not sure cold and breezy would be very appealing beside the creek. But if we were to have to come I'd talk the boys into playing their best ball while there. The thought of you guys out in the weather more then you have to be hurts my heart a little. We would try and help you out all we could. Get you on the couch next week where its warm. :mrgreen: :roflol:

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

It was a really nice place honestly. Was humid the night I was there. Not sure cold and breezy would be very appealing beside the creek. But if we were to have to come I'd talk the boys into playing their best ball while there. The thought of you guys out in the weather more then you have to be hurts my heart a little. We would try and help you out all we could. Get you on the couch next week where its warm. :mrgreen: :roflol:

It was humid that night but the cold playoff games is part of what has made "The Creekbank" what it is, 21 degrees at kickoff in 08 vs South Pitt, it was under 10 at end of game. And I will be more than comfortable if we are playing the day after Thanksgiving, it will be sunny and 75 for me lol:thumb: 

39 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

It was humid that night but the cold playoff games is part of what has made "The Creekbank" what it is, 21 degrees at kickoff in 08 vs South Pitt, it was under 10 at end of game. And I will be more than comfortable if we are playing the day after Thanksgiving, it will be sunny and 75 for me lol:thumb: 

Lol. 

2 hours ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

Deep down you know you want to come back to the Creekbank when its 35 or below at kickoff and like 20 and below on the visitors side lol 

No no no, he wants to come see the beautiful facilities at Robinson Stadium, and get one of those pork sandwiches or jumbo chili dogs from Coach Price. Imthayeti, if we are fortunate to meet up with you guys we’ll have to meet up and i’ll get you one, on the house. You too JacketNation if you guys come in round 3. Good luck to y’all the rest of the way 

1 hour ago, Grizzly478 said:

No no no, he wants to come see the beautiful facilities at Robinson Stadium, and get one of those pork sandwiches or jumbo chili dogs from Coach Price. Imthayeti, if we are fortunate to meet up with you guys we’ll have to meet up and i’ll get you one, on the house. You too JacketNation if you guys come in round 3. Good luck to y’all the rest of the way 

I’ll hold you to that, I will probably be in attendance whether my jackets are playing or not 

1 hour ago, Grizzly478 said:

Sounds good brother, will hold you to that as well. If we are both fortunate enough. 

Solid 34-0 win last night for the Tyner Rams against 4A Region 2 2nd place team Chattanooga Central. Tyner finishes 9-1 with only loss to 6A Ooltewah in weather shortened week 1 game.  Although their total year's points scored and points allowed won't match the gaudy numbers put up by Meigs and Watertown 9 of their 10 opponents will be playoff teams as only the loser of Tellico/Bledsoe tonight won't make the playoffs.  All non-region games were against teams in a higher classification.

Was great to see our defense finally get the shutout they have been so close to many times this season.  QB Martavious Ryals had a really solid game despite rain throughout with 2 more TD passes and a TD run bringing his year's total to 18 passing and 10 rushing.  His favorite target Jeremiah Batiste had another 117 yards receiving, 1 TD and finished the regular season with 13 TD catches.  This is a special combination watching Ryals/Batiste.  Their numbers aren't and probably never will be equal to the Waverly combo detailed on other threads because of the style of offense Coach Turner runs.  Rams are much more than just Ryals and Batiste however with a solid crew of ball carriers and stingy defense.

Team knows the road to Cookeville will be challenging but the Region 4 powerhouses and Meigs will have to be on top of their  games when/if they meet the Rams.  Hoping all stay healthy and looking for some great games the next several Fridays.  Go RAMS!!

56 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Solid 34-0 win last night for the Tyner Rams against 4A Region 2 2nd place team Chattanooga Central. Tyner finishes 9-1 with only loss to 6A Ooltewah in weather shortened week 1 game.  Although their total year's points scored and points allowed won't match the gaudy numbers put up by Meigs and Watertown 9 of their 10 opponents will be playoff teams as only the loser of Tellico/Bledsoe tonight won't make the playoffs.  All non-region games were against teams in a higher classification.

Was great to see our defense finally get the shutout they have been so close to many times this season.  QB Martavious Ryals had a really solid game despite rain throughout with 2 more TD passes and a TD run bringing his year's total to 18 passing and 10 rushing.  His favorite target Jeremiah Batiste had another 117 yards receiving, 1 TD and finished the regular season with 13 TD catches.  This is a special combination watching Ryals/Batiste.  Their numbers aren't and probably never will be equal to the Waverly combo detailed on other threads because of the style of offense Coach Turner runs.  Rams are much more than just Ryals and Batiste however with a solid crew of ball carriers and stingy defense.

Team knows the road to Cookeville will be challenging but the Region 4 powerhouses and Meigs will have to be on top of their  games when/if they meet the Rams.  Hoping all stay healthy and looking for some great games the next several Fridays.  Go RAMS!!

Nice wrap up to a good season man congrats to your team.

1 hour ago, Ram4Life said:

I would tell Coach Turner to find the TC/East Robertson film from last year, would fully expect that style of game plan from the indians, they know they can't match athletes. 

1 hour ago, Ram4Life said:

Way to represent Ram4Life!! Don't want to give them too much but I gotta say the 5 td's were scored 5 different backs!!

Trousdale beats Jackson 54-8 last night to conclude the season at 7-3, the jackets looked good coming off bye, 41-0 at end of 1st quarter, the jackets were 7-3 last year as well, this year's 7-3 looks a lot better, last year we were 7-3 with losses to Friendship 20-16, Macon County 42-20, and Whitwell 17-14, those teams had a combined 26-4 record and outscored the jackets 79-50 in those games, with FC winning the state title, Macon losing in 1st round, and Whitwell losing in the quarters. This year the jackets had losses to Lebanon 16-12, Watertown 22-21, and Whitwell 13-7, Lebanon won last night to finish 8-2 with 2- 4 point losses to 2 top 15 6A teams, Watertown and Whitwell should handle their opponents easily, leaving the 3 combined records at 28-2, with them outscoring the jackets 51-40.