Greenback at Midway

orngnblk

2 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Midway could still win the region if they was to win and win out.  I've seen some strange things in Midway such as fog so thick that you couldn't see 2 feet in front of you.  

The mystery fog...at least it's never green...remember one meeting between us that the officials marked off yardage when either of us was going to punt, because it was so low and thick.

7 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

Definitely agree but looking for more specifics lol 

Os,Cloudland would be our toughest games thru 3rd round.Coalfield just had no fight to them.The teams that play us will do as the last few and slow the game down,if they dont it can get out of hand quick.The best chance is to play keep away and wait for us to make mistakes.As rt said strange things have and can happen.We are the favorites and should make semis but nothing is given,i have been to Midway as a player and played in that mysterious pea soup fog so thick you cant see from the waist up you never know what obstacle you have to endure.Our coaches coach our team to play our game not the opponent and i like that.This way we focus on doing what we do better every game,the rest will work itself out.Our previous coaches would tell how bad a team was and so on thats not what a team needs to hear.We need to get better at what we do and that mentality has worked great for four years---SO FAR!Cloudland and OS have the best Lines we have played so far and if we have a bad night up front it could get sketchy,we are rotating alot now so that seems to helo alot.We have to start fast and end it quick,you let these team hang around and your asking for trouble.Just my two cents.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cherokean said:

The mystery fog...at least it's never green...remember one meeting between us that the officials marked off yardage when either of us was going to punt, because it was so low and thick.

Thats the game!We watched film and had to turn it off all we could see were knees.Midway is a tough place to play at times.2012 we were highly favored and they played keep away all night frustrated our boys and coaches something bad.

10 hours ago, GbMan said:

Will the Single A  Game be on a Friday or Saturday this year?

Technically its 1A.  Single A was a different animal and would have 1a, 2a and the smaller 3a schools in the A, AA, AAA system from 1959 through 1992.  It was also used in the Z experiment years.

Edited by rlh

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Thats the game!We watched film and had to turn it off all we could see were knees.Midway is a tough place to play at times.2012 we were highly favored and they played keep away all night frustrated our boys and coaches something bad.

2013 yall were heavily favored and midway came to greenback with the 38-21 upset.

1 hour ago, Vols2016 said:

2013 yall were heavily favored and midway came to greenback with the 38-21 upset.

Different coaching staff that's exactly what I was talking about in one of my posts how our previous coaching staff always told the kids how bad the other team was.My son was a senior that year that was one of his worst defeats he had it hurt!

54 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Different coaching staff that's exactly what I was talking about in one of my posts how our previous coaching staff always told the kids how bad the other team was.My son was a senior that year that was one of his worst defeats he had it hurt!

They had no answer for the QB that year. He ran all over our D.