Powell @ OR

SweetScience

16 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Yes, no complaints here about the win! Would just like to see us cut those mistakes out. IF we do, and that's a big if, we will be hard for anybody to beat in 5A.

I think this is just who you guys are at this point. That QB made some really baffling decisions tonight. I mean some of those pitches were real head scratchers. He shouldn't be doing that stuff in late October. 

14 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Yes, no complaints here about the win! Would just like to see us cut those mistakes out. IF we do, and that's a big if, we will be hard for anybody to beat in 5A.

Maybe next week will be the week that we play as good in the first half as we do in the second. We still haven't done that yet, so now is the time....

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Credit to Powell they're are a tough team, but if OR cuts out the silly turnovers and doesn't basically gift wrap 14 points to Powell that game isn't nearly as close as it was. This is how big of a butt kicking it was on the stat sheet. 

Powell 19 rushes for 23 yards and 140 or so through the air= roughly 170 yards with only 7 total 1st downs. 

Oak Ridge had over 220 yards on the ground and 395 total yards with 16 1st downs. Like I said, butt kicking, although the score wouldn't indicate it. Oak Ridge is clearly the better team IMO. Powell didn't even sniff the EZ in the 2nd half until the last part of the game, and were totally shut down in the 2nd half.

BTW, where are you Dragon 92?

Here I am Sweet! Sorry, I'm just getting home from our game. Well, OR proved me wrong. It sounds like the game wasn't as close as the score.  This is going to make for an exciting regular season finale next week! For all the marbles! #1 seed on the line. Since OR wins everytime I pick them to lose ....I don't think OR can beat Fulton. I'm gonna say Fulton 34  Oak Ridge 28. RWR!!! :-)

3 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Here I am Sweet! Sorry, I'm just getting home from our game. Well, OR proved me wrong. It sounds like the game wasn't as close as the score.  This is going to make for an exciting regular season finale next week! For all the marbles! #1 seed on the line. Since OR wins everytime I pick them to lose ....I don't think OR can beat Fulton. I'm gonna say Fulton 34  Oak Ridge 28. RWR!!! :-)

Lol Congrats on the W over CC.