“THE REMATCH” #1 Greeneville Vs Betsy Round 3

DevilMan03

4 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Still Salty I see lol. Must be awful to know what’s coming and to also know you can’t stop it. So you have to complain how average the team is lol 

Still trying to figure out how you say that the game wasn't as close as it was. You won by 15 points but you keep saying that you are four touchdowns better than us. Last time I checked 4 touchdowns is 28 points.

Just now, cyclones1 said:

Still trying to figure out how you say that the game wasn't as close as it was. You won by 15 points but you keep saying that you are four touchdowns better than us. Last time I checked 4 touchdowns is 28 points.

14 Points left on the field from penalties from the devils. Like I said Greeneville killed themselves and no one can deny that because it’s blatantly obvious. Betsy has no answer for the run game at all. I wouldn’t have thrown it at all because Greenevilles run game was unstoppable until the stopped themselves. Reminded me a lot of the 2010-2011 snamshmouth Greeneville had. Looks like they still have that 

The refs did miss a few i calls I thought but got a lot right. You cant hit a guy 5 yards out of bounds and a coach cannot come on the field and throw a fit 2 times he should have been tossed. The hit on perkins they got right and they missed when #20 got hit 15 yards behind the play but #6 from Greeneville got held a lot. They did miss an interference penalty on Greeneville but the next play Hughes caught that TD.

I do not think they will be a rematch.

Edited by Tab

1 hour ago, DevilMan03 said:

14 Points left on the field from penalties from the devils. Like I said Greeneville killed themselves and no one can deny that because it’s blatantly obvious. Betsy has no answer for the run game at all. I wouldn’t have thrown it at all because Greenevilles run game was unstoppable until the stopped themselves. Reminded me a lot of the 2010-2011 snamshmouth Greeneville had. Looks like they still have that 

Was that when we shut you out ten  to nothing

2 hours ago, woodby30 said:

Here we go with the officials crying from another Greeneville fan. When trust me everything went their way.   They blame officiating when they win they blame them when they lose prime example of why officials are in their pocket.

Woodby 30 you got me going back and looking at my own post lol. I read it again just to make sure I didn't say anything about the officials. The point I was trying to make was that I didn't agree with a couple of the decisions that coach Ballard made on those two drives inside the 10 that they didn't score on. I give elizabethton a lot of credit they are a  good football team . Even said in my post they were deserving of their ranking

And that their skill player's we're fantastic. I think coach Ballard is a great coach and he is doing a wonderful job I just was saying running the play clock down the first time got them in trouble on that one. And on the other one even the screen to goodard hot in the end zone those receiver's blocking out in space like that are much easier to see a hold than it I'd up inside where there is so many players in a tight space . Man I know I don't post a lot on here. But I have read it for years. Trust me I'm not one of the trash talkers. I like to come on and just talk football. And get other people's opinions. But I did not mention the refs in my  post. And I'm not crying over anything I'm happy for the win. I know we beat a really good football team. But since you brought the officials up. My take on it is this. I rewatched the game this morning. And I don't think they did as bad as I thought they did last night. There was some missed calls both ways. But after watching the replay there was a lot of close calls they got right. Ok mean at the end of the day. Greeneville had more penalty yards than Betsy. And was called for several holds which were good calls at least the one on hite was for sure. But you know Betsy throw the ball I don't know how many times probably 30 some time's and if I'm not mistakin never got called for one single hold all night. So at the very least I think that show's the refs are not in greeneville's pocket lol. At the end of the day the refs did not decide the outcome of the game. Good luck the rest of the way. And maybe they can hook up again in round 3. I think Betsy has a shot at AC it will be a great game . 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Greendevil87 said:

Woodby 30 you got me going back and looking at my own post lol. I read it again just to make sure I didn't say anything about the officials. The point I was trying to make was that I didn't agree with a couple of the decisions that coach Ballard made on those two drives inside the 10 that they didn't score on. I give elizabethton a lot of credit they are a  good football team . Even said in my post they were deserving of their ranking

And that their skill player's we're fantastic. I think coach Ballard is a great coach and he is doing a wonderful job I just was saying running the play clock down the first time got them in trouble on that one. And on the other one even the screen to goodard hot in the end zone those receiver's blocking out in space like that are much easier to see a hold than it I'd up inside where there is so many players in a tight space . Man I know I don't post a lot on here. But I have read it for years. Trust me I'm not one of the trash talkers. I like to come on and just talk football. And get other people's opinions. But I did not mention the refs in my  post. And I'm not crying over anything I'm happy for the win. I know we beat a really good football team. But since you brought the officials up. My take on it is this. I rewatched the game this morning. And I don't think they did as bad as I thought they did last night. There was some missed calls both ways. But after watching the replay there was a lot of close calls they got right. Ok mean at the end of the day. Greeneville had more penalty yards than Betsy. And was called for several holds which were good calls at least the one on hite was for sure. But you know Betsy throw the ball I don't know how many times probably 30 some time's and if I'm not mistakin never got called for one single hold all night. So at the very least I think that show's the refs are not in greeneville's pocket lol. At the end of the day the refs did not decide the outcome of the game. Good luck the rest of the way. And maybe they can hook up again in round 3. I think Betsy has a shot at AC it will be a great game . 

You sure do write long posts. LOL

3 hours ago, woodby30 said:

Here we go with the officials crying from another Greeneville fan. When trust me everything went their way.   They blame officiating when they win they blame them when they lose prime example of why officials are in their pocket.

Lol your right I thought that too after I looked at it. I need to start breaking them up or something lol. I

Watched the replay last night again and yes there were missed calls both ways.I'd say the biggest for Elizabethton was the pushoff on the long pass down on the Betsy sideline that wasn't called .I'd say the biggest for Greeneville was the helmet to helmet that could have got one of ours tossed but didn't happen.The turnover that Greeneville almost had  looked like a good call .You never see all the stuff or hear any of it that goes on between the players but Betsy had one player that just lost control during the course of the game and he was probably lucky not to get tossed as well.Not just the penalty towards the ends but just a little out of control  several times.I like his fire and you need that on defense but he has to be careful after the plays and also understand the second guy almost always gets caught.All and all,just a great game by two great local teams and I hope there is a rematch because Elizabethton deserves  it after last week.

Edited by BatmanDevil
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Watched the replay last night again and yes there were missed calls both ways.I'd say the biggest for Elizabethton was the pushoff on the long pass down on the Betsy sideline that wasn't called .I'd say the biggest for Greeneville was the helmet to helmet that could have got one of ours tossed but didn't happen.The turnover that Greeneville almost had  looked like a good call .You never see all the stuff or hear any of it that goes on between the players but Betsy had one player that just lost control during the course of the game and he was probably lucky not to get tossed as well.Not just the penalty towards the ends but just a little out of control  several times.I like his fire and you need that on defense but he has to be careful after the plays and also understand the second guy almost always gets caught.All and all,just a great game by two great local teams and I hope there is a rematch because Elizabethton deserves  it after last week.

I agree with you but don't forget about the number 5 taunting after the helmet-to-helmet that's a little disrespectful I think. Overall it was an awesome game on both sides. One of the best in a long time.