“THE REMATCH” #1 Greeneville Vs Betsy Round 3

DevilMan03

3 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Watched the replay last night again and yes there were missed calls both ways.I'd say the biggest for Elizabethton was the pushoff on the long pass down on the Betsy sideline that wasn't called .I'd say the biggest for Greeneville was the helmet to helmet that could have got one of ours tossed but didn't happen.The turnover that Greeneville almost had  looked like a good call .You never see all the stuff or hear any of it that goes on between the players but Betsy had one player that just lost control during the course of the game and he was probably lucky not to get tossed as well.Not just the penalty towards the ends but just a little out of control  several times.I like his fire and you need that on defense but he has to be careful after the plays and also understand the second guy almost always gets caught.All and all,just a great game by two great local teams and I hope there is a rematch because Elizabethton deserves  it after last week.

Looking at the Photo Below it looks to be shoulder pad to Helmet and a Huge hit but it was hard to tell live or on the replay.

https://twitter.com/johnkclement23/status/1051133666565529600 (Last photo of the 3)

Edited by Swipes

38 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Looking at the Photo Below it looks to be shoulder pad to Helmet and a Huge hit but it was hard to tell live or on the replay.

https://twitter.com/johnkclement23/status/1051133666565529600 (Last photo of the 3)

That was to close for comfort had it been during the playoffs.I look at all the bad possibilities like we could even lose an offensive player as well for leading with their helmet.Just something besides the holding penalties to think about over the next few weeks

14 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

That was to close for comfort had it been during the playoffs.I look at all the bad possibilities like we could even lose an offensive player as well for leading with their helmet.Just something besides the holding penalties to think about over the next few weeks

Defiantly agree with you.  They ran the same play later in the game and Hite came up and hit around the waste and dislodged the same man from the ball (That WR definitely heard footsteps the 2nd time around)  

• Upvote 1

On 10/12/2018 at 11:51 PM, cyclones1 said:

Well we definitely aren't scared. I'm pretty sure you all were a little scared during halftime

honestly no....we knew we shoulda been up 28-13 and betsy had no chance of stopping us and we were prepared for any shananigans witten had up his sleeve, like fake this or trick trick that. Yall have great coaches and great kids. we have great coaches, great kids and no fear....kinda like tennessee vs florida, we just knew no matter what happened we were winning that game. Round three if yall come back will be much much worse. I mean that in the  least possible devilman way i can.....lol...although devilman is the man and deserves a trophy made of fiberglass insulation. ( because you know how awful that stuff is at getting under peoples skin)...in fact Devilman, i think i might just call you the INSULTlator

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Watched the replay last night again and yes there were missed calls both ways.I'd say the biggest for Elizabethton was the pushoff on the long pass down on the Betsy sideline that wasn't called .I'd say the biggest for Greeneville was the helmet to helmet that could have got one of ours tossed but didn't happen.The turnover that Greeneville almost had  looked like a good call .You never see all the stuff or hear any of it that goes on between the players but Betsy had one player that just lost control during the course of the game and he was probably lucky not to get tossed as well.Not just the penalty towards the ends but just a little out of control  several times.I like his fire and you need that on defense but he has to be careful after the plays and also understand the second guy almost always gets caught.All and all,just a great game by two great local teams and I hope there is a rematch because Elizabethton deserves  it after last week.

i have a better shot of "the helmet to helmet" play than wcyb did and was not helmet to helmet brother.....it was a great football play that Hite led with his shoulder. sure it was violent as heck, but football is a violent sport and if this garbage dont stop with all the new rules and the crap they keep ruining football with, before long we're gona have fully padded, touch football, but DONT TOUCH too hard.

51 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

i have a better shot of "the helmet to helmet" play than wcyb did and was not helmet to helmet brother.....it was a great football play that Hite led with his shoulder. sure it was violent as heck, but football is a violent sport and if this garbage dont stop with all the new rules and the crap they keep ruining football with, before long we're gona have fully padded, touch football, but DONT TOUCH too hard.

Lots of new rules these days like targeting as well. I guarantee you if the kid hadn't got up after that one hit,they would have called something out of fear.It's a total different game now days.Not like back in the day when a good blind side shot was just that.

Edited by BatmanDevil

1 hour ago, BVDevil said:

honestly no....we knew we shoulda been up 28-13 and betsy had no chance of stopping us and we were prepared for any shananigans witten had up his sleeve, like fake this or trick trick that. Yall have great coaches and great kids. we have great coaches, great kids and no fear....kinda like tennessee vs florida, we just knew no matter what happened we were winning that game. Round three if yall come back will be much much worse. I mean that in the  least possible devilman way i can.....lol...although devilman is the man and deserves a trophy made of fiberglass insulation. ( because you know how awful that stuff is at getting under peoples skin)...in fact Devilman, i think i might just call you the INSULTlator

Bvd all the Betsy fans know Greeneville killed themselves on those two drives inside the 6. Ballard and company will fix the penalty problems and get us back on track for another win. 

The InsulTlator.....hmmmmmm I like it! :twisted: