Peabody @ TCA

FightingBlue0

9 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

Have to agree to disagree there,our line goes around 275 average and our tailback is 220,I see us using ball control against an extremely explosive Lions team, I could be wrong but we shall see!!! TCA has speed in the corner and safety position,yes we have 2 very fast recievers but we don't need the Lion offense on the field much! If Peabody can win time of posession I like our chances!! Always a fun but respectful thread for this game!!!! RTR

And dont get me wrong I wasnt saying you guys cant Im just saying what I think you guys will have to do. This should be a great game. Looking forward to see TCA stadium. Is it a nice place? Is there a place I can bring my Vandy chairs and sit and watch the game?

12 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

Have to agree to disagree there,our line goes around 275 average and our tailback is 220,I see us using ball control against an extremely explosive Lions team, I could be wrong but we shall see!!! TCA has speed in the corner and safety position,yes we have 2 very fast recievers but we don't need the Lion offense on the field much! If Peabody can win time of posession I like our chances!! Always a fun but respectful thread for this game!!!! RTR

I have to agree with you. I think we go in trying  to control time of possession and pound the ball running it. Jarel isn’t super fast but he is big and strong. I’ve noticed most teams if we run him a lot they start trying to arm tackle him. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, vandyfan1 said:

And dont get me wrong I wasnt saying you guys cant Im just saying what I think you guys will have to do. This should be a great game. Looking forward to see TCA stadium. Is it a nice place? Is there a place I can bring my Vandy chairs and sit and watch the game?

I’ve never been there but it’s a private school :roflol:

3 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I’ve never been there but it’s a private school :roflol:

They are kinda the blue collar private though, field is purty nice,not PHS field but it's one of the nicer facilites,you will get treated very well there,friendly folks and they have a mascot that kinda reminds me of "RADIO" they call him BigEd, He runs round saying "GOT MY SWEATER VEST ON COACH WE GON WIN!!! Love you Ed,laugh cause you know that's funny right there!!!

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

The playing surface is natural grass and is the best of any high school stadium I have ever seen. No crown on the field and it is a fast surface. There are places to set up lawn chairs but you have to arrive early for best spots. No question that this game will be standing room only. Arrive early, bring a radio and listen to the game on 105.3fm. Air time at 6:30pm

Just a public service announcement,it absolutely  breaks my heart to see TCA leave us next year!!! I gotta be honest I am not a lover of "most" private schools,but TCA does it fair and honest and with a workman mentality,if you have gotten to know folks there like I have some of these folks really do scrimp to put there youngins in a Christian education enviroment!!! Now don't get it twisted,I wanna beat the brakes of these Lions friday,fair,square,and injury free but, and it's a big un,I respect them alot!!!!! This thread will be fun,quick witted and argumentative without any disrespect or garbage,well unless outsiders bring it!!!There are 3 teams I won't "hate" TCA,UC and Waverly out of the respect I have for them!! Let's have fun and break Coach T with this thread!!! Its cool,its October and its sure region 7 2A football if that don't give ya goose pimples  check ya pulse ya might be dead!!! ROLL GOLDEN TIDE ! FLOOD THA LIONS

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

The playing surface is natural grass and is the best of any high school stadium I have ever seen. No crown on the field and it is a fast surface. There are places to set up lawn chairs but you have to arrive early for best spots. No question that this game will be standing room only. Arrive early, bring a radio and listen to the game on 105.3fm. Air time at 6:30pm

Reitz,I gotta say I do love the turf!!!! The best high school game I have ever seen was at TCA in 2014 ,what a show the Tide and Lions put on!!

• Upvote 1