Peabody @ TCA

FightingBlue0

7 minutes ago, goldentide2019 said:

I'm not going to doubt Peabody. Peabody is a team to known to dominate in tough situations. When Union City was winning you had people doubting them, but they dominated the whole season. Just because TCA beat GC doesn't mean that TCA will beat Peabody. 

You cannot judge teams by comparing opponents you are very correct there! I worry about TCA with line speed and linebacker speed,defensively they are similar to GC,most don't realize the PHS ,GC game they lost there top LB and a lineman I believe as well!!RTR

• Upvote 1

I will Say this. GC vs Peabody was a game. GC vs TCa was a game. We can try to read things in to that. But the truth is this. Peabody is really good. TCA can be really good when the right team shows up. This week was the first time that TCA won 2 games in a row. Can they make it 3. Who knows. It is 17 year olds. In our case 15 and 16. Friday to me is a toss up. We have strengths and y’all have strengths. I believe This comes down to which coaching staff comes in with the best game plans. Plus we will have new wrinkles. I mean Need new wrinkles this week. 

55 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

Yep they were so depleted that 8th graders where playing!They only fielded 23 total player that game

That’s a man that knows truth. You will not see us on here with excuses. Y’all beat us good last year. That’s all it is to it. This year is this year. So everyone can look at last year and compare. Pride step on up and shine a light. Vandy let loose with the eye ball test. All the fair weather fans come on out and puff your chest. I have Seen over these years how that works out for ya. Again this game can go either way. Much respect for the tide. But the respect better go both ways. Remember Gibson Co. folks. Last year was last year. 

15 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

I will Say this. GC vs Peabody was a game. GC vs TCa was a game. We can try to read things in to that. But the truth is this. Peabody is really good. TCA can be really good when the right team shows up. This week was the first time that TCA won 2 games in a row. Can they make it 3. Who knows. It is 17 year olds. In our case 15 and 16. Friday to me is a toss up. We have strengths and y’all have strengths. I believe This comes down to which coaching staff comes in with the best game plans. Plus we will have new wrinkles. I mean Need new wrinkles this week. 

Are them new wrinkles a half back pass ? 

12 hours ago, peabodypride said:

You cannot judge teams by comparing opponents you are very correct there! I worry about TCA with line speed and linebacker speed,defensively they are similar to GC,most don't realize the PHS ,GC game they lost there top LB and a lineman I believe as well!!RTR

They was eating GC up all night! #40 is a beast at linebacker he will knock snot then help the poor fellas up! I think Peabody will have more of a chance winning by throwing the ball and thats if their line can block. D line and linebackers for TCA are tough. 

7 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

They was eating GC up all night! #40 is a beast at linebacker he will knock snot then help the poor fellas up! I think Peabody will have more of a chance winning by throwing the ball and thats if their line can block. D line and linebackers for TCA are tough. 

Have to agree to disagree there,our line goes around 275 average and our tailback is 220,I see us using ball control against an extremely explosive Lions team, I could be wrong but we shall see!!! TCA has speed in the corner and safety position,yes we have 2 very fast recievers but we don't need the Lion offense on the field much! If Peabody can win time of posession I like our chances!! Always a fun but respectful thread for this game!!!! RTR

1 minute ago, peabodypride said:

Have to agree to disagree there,our line goes around 275 average and our tailback is 220,I see us using ball control against an extremely explosive Lions team, I could be wrong but we shall see!!! TCA has speed in the corner and safety position,yes we have 2 very fast recievers but we don't need the Lion offense on the field much! If Peabody can win time of posession I like our chances!! Always a fun but respectful thread for this game!!!! RTR

Size of line means nothing to our boys. They are always smaller than ever team. Our D ends and interior linemen will surprise you. And the LB is very active because the line takes care of their job. Gonna be fun. 

2 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Size of line means nothing to our boys. They are always smaller than ever team. Our D ends and interior linemen will surprise you. And the LB is very active because the line takes care of their job. Gonna be fun. 

Yep,run blocking  against a smaller athletic  line is easier than pass imo!!! Yall really played your 2nd complete game of the year against GC,just watched it,first game being fayette,that team is a beast and it was to the wire!!!!

Edited by peabodypride
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

1 minute ago, BigEdMo said:

I was just fixn to say that I dont think size matters that much. When I played in highschool we had a guy on the Dline that was small but he was fast and had good technique.