That Shadowens man (William Blount) vs. That Floyd man (Bradley Central)

Governm

Even if WB wins tonight, it will be an uphill battle to make the playoffs.

IF WB beats Bradley, it is likely that there will be a three way tie for third place in the region (assuming that Cleveland beats MC and loses to Ooltewah, and Maryville beats BC). 

Bradley will win that three way tie by virtue of having more overall wins than Cleveland or WB, making the Bears the #3 seed. The tiebreaker will then reset, and Cleveland will get the #4 seed by virtue of their head-to-head victory over WB.

The only chance for the Govs to make the playoffs is for Cleveland to either win out or lose out, avoiding the three way tie. However, it looks very likely that Cleveland will split, leaving WB out in the cold. 

47 minutes ago, AllRegion said:

Even if WB wins tonight, it will be an uphill battle to make the playoffs.

IF WB beats Bradley, it is likely that there will be a three way tie for third place in the region (assuming that Cleveland beats MC and loses to Ooltewah, and Maryville beats BC). 

Bradley will win that three way tie by virtue of having more overall wins than Cleveland or WB, making the Bears the #3 seed. The tiebreaker will then reset, and Cleveland will get the #4 seed by virtue of their head-to-head victory over WB.

The only chance for the Govs to make the playoffs is for Cleveland to either win out or lose out, avoiding the three way tie. However, it looks very likely that Cleveland will split, leaving WB out in the cold. 

C'mon man,

Don't rain on our parade. A .500 record would be huuuuge for this football program. Besides... I'd say that McMinn could definitely knock off Cleveland. The most unlikely thing is us beating Bradley tonight. But hey, it is senior night and the Govs offense is looking good right now. Anything is possible. Go Govs!

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

Final: 38-7

The Govs' defense had a pretty good game, but the scoreboard doesn't really show it. They only gave up 4 touchdowns even though Bradley Central lived on WB's side of the field all night. The Govs have got to get better on the o-line. Clemmer was running for his life the whole game. There are some big boys who are freshmen and sophomores. It will be interesting to see if they can finally compete with the Bradleys and Ooltewahs of the world in the coming years.

8 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

C'mon man,

Don't rain on our parade. A .500 record would be huuuuge for this football program. Besides... I'd say that McMinn could definitely knock off Cleveland. The most unlikely thing is us beating Bradley tonight. But hey, it is senior night and the Govs offense is looking good right now. Anything is possible. Go Govs!

Raining on a parade is the last thing I ever want to do...tough one tonight but we can finish strong with a win next week, which I expect. Go Govs

Not surprised with the outcome last night. I went to see Bradley and Alcoa scrimmage and I remember leaving wondering is Alcoa that good or Bradley that bad. I don't have to tell you anymore to that story but Bradley has done a good job of reloading considering all the seniors on last years team. WB can still have a good season compared to the past this week if they can hang tough on the road at Stone Mountain. When you play on the road a 100 miles away and hoping for a good fair game is like trusting a fart after you have eaten at the Taco Bell and hour earlier.