Musket Bowl

stockton4182

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Crockett outplayed Boone in every aspect of the game and should have won by 20.   Maybe they have a shot at winning a 1st round game but I'm just going to be from Missouri on that until it happens.

Crockett will beat Halls and Jeremy Bosken. Boone doesn’t want Gibbs after Crockett beat them pretty handly they are playing good ball. 396 yards passing lol

15 minutes ago, stockton4182 said:

Crockett will beat Halls and Jeremy Bosken. Boone doesn’t want Gibbs after Crockett beat them pretty handly they are playing good ball. 396 yards passing lol

Boone has never played Gibbs, but since they are from Knox County history tells us it does not look good for the Blazers.     Did you go to the Crockett/Gibbs game?     Any scouting report on them, i.e., offense/defense style, special players to watch out for, etc..

14 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Boone has never played Gibbs, but since they are from Knox County history tells us it does not look good for the Blazers.     Did you go to the Crockett/Gibbs game?     Any scouting report on them, i.e., offense/defense style, special players to watch out for, etc..

Yes can’t defend the pass run option team. They haven’t lost since Crockett game 

9 hours ago, Reddevil60 said:

What does everybody at Crockett think about Bosken ? I have read so many different Opinions on him 

Say what you will, and some of the criticism was fairly achieved, but DC was hot garbage before he got there. Alot of their success this year, and last year, was made possible by the foundation he laid.  I also think John Good (BBall Coach) has a lot to do with the culture change at Crockett. Alot of those athletes are there because they want to play basketball for him. He is First Class in every way, Crockett has been blessed to have him there. I don't know how they have kept him this long to be honest. 

On 10/20/2018 at 11:04 AM, blazer1set said:

Too bad you missed this one, there will never be another Muskie where both teams have only one loss between them.

Let's consider a few things about the playoffs:

-  Boone and Crockett both established in 1971
-  Crockett has NEVER won a playoff game
-  Boone has NEVER beaten a Knoxville team, playoffs or regular season

I sure hope both teams can win at least round 1, but history is just not on our side.    And yes I know, that sounds like a Negative Nellie.....
Here is the biggest difference I have noticed in the playoffs, once you get into Knoxville their lines on both sides of the ball are way better than what we have in NET.   And I am not talking about dough boys, I mean just some big solid guys that wear you down by the end of the game.  To me that has been the biggest difference in post season play.   I remember watching DB vs. Halls in I think 1986, they moved it to the mini-dome due to inclement weather.   DB was stacked that year and all the local papers had Kingsport preparing a place for the trophy.   Halls had nothing but a massive beefy line.    And as Paul Harvey used to say ......

Guess we will see in a couple of weeks....

Blazer - you're 100% right, but I think it boils down to this... Although, there certainly are individual exceptions, but the average athlete in a city school is going to be better than the average athlete in a county school. I am sure there will be some daddies get triggered by reading this but it's true. Knoxville is so hard for NET schools to get past because they have a different breed of kid. 

24 minutes ago, KennyPowers55 said:

Blazer - you're 100% right, but I think it boils down to this... Although, there certainly are individual exceptions, but the average athlete in a city school is going to be better than the average athlete in a county school. I am sure there will be some daddies get triggered by reading this but it's true. Knoxville is so hard for NET schools to get past because they have a different breed of kid. 

Bingo!    I guess the other thing I should have mentioned is that in addition to a stout line the Knoxville area schools always have superior team speed.    Every team has a few fast individuals, but I am talking about speed of the entire team including the linemen.    NET teams fall way short of Knox schools in both of these categories (line and team speed).

• 3 weeks later...