Congrats to Brayden Palmer

durdon

Great showing by Brayden this past weekend as he won the Michigan Grappler at 130 pounds against a really stacked field.  He beat one of the top wrestlers from GA in the semis and the number 6th ranked wrestler in the country in the finals.  Really impressive performance by Brayden.  

Trey Bates finished 3rd at 112 pounds in the same tourney.  

Edited by durdon
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, durdon said:

Great showing by Brayden this past weekend as he won the Michigan Grappler at 130 pounds against a really stacked field.  He beat one of the top wrestlers from GA in the semis and the number 6th ranked wrestler in the country in the finals.  Really impressive performance by Brayden.  

Trey Bates finished 3rd at 112 pounds in the same tourney.  

Noah Horst was there as well in the 130 lb bracket and did not place. Got beat pretty bad by the kid Brayden beat in the finals. 

I took Brayden up there, and had the chance to watch most of Noah’s matches as well. While he didn’t place, he still looked really good. The bracket was just that loaded. That was also his first tournament up that heavy, so I think the strength played into it a little. 

I haven’t seen it mentioned, but Baylor’s incoming freshman David Harper is the real deal. He took 2nd at 189. In the semis he took down the top seed and Florida state champ 3-2. I was really impressed in my first time watching him wrestle. The kid has bright future, and I expect we will be seeing his name a lot more. 

• Like 2

TN had Trey Bates, Noah Horst & Brayden Palmer compete and GA/Baylor had Garrison Dendy & David Harper. 

Palmer wins 130

Bates finishes 3rd at 112

Harper finishes 2nd at 189

This tournament offers great competition from all over the country. Lake Highland Prep from FL had several wrestlers and this was the first year that CA had wrestlers entered. Put this one on your schedule next year! 

• Like 2

On 10/15/2018 at 10:20 AM, GodFamilyWrestling said:

TN had Trey Bates, Noah Horst & Brayden Palmer compete and GA/Baylor had Garrison Dendy & David Harper. 

Palmer wins 130

Bates finishes 3rd at 112

Harper finishes 2nd at 189

This tournament offers great competition from all over the country. Lake Highland Prep from FL had several wrestlers and this was the first year that CA had wrestlers entered. Put this one on your schedule next year! 

David Harpers family has moved to Chattanooga so he is now a TN wrestler.