Gallatin vs Beech possible region championship

GWAVE1

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

Fire Coach William's Gallatin High School. You are a true embarrassment To a once proud program! Beech has exposed you again. You got beat and outcoached by a lesser talented team. And to not take away from Beech always showing up and performing, congrats Buccaneers

I respectfully disagree with your argument that Gallatin has more talent than Beech this year. I didn’t see a single back for Gallatin that would start for Beech.  Both Qb’s were about the same (except Beech’s was a sophomore), Beech’s linemen looked more athletic than Gallatin’s and controlled both lines of scrimmage most of the night. Maybe Gallatin isn’t getting coached properly, but for the first time (maybe ever) I came away thinking Beech was the more talented team. And I don’t have a kid on the team. Just a biased Beech fan. Best of luck to the Wave in the playoffs. 

5 hours ago, tandem said:

I respectfully disagree with your argument that Gallatin has more talent than Beech this year. I didn’t see a single back for Gallatin that would start for Beech.  Both Qb’s were about the same (except Beech’s was a sophomore), Beech’s linemen looked more athletic than Gallatin’s and controlled both lines of scrimmage most of the night. Maybe Gallatin isn’t getting coached properly, but for the first time (maybe ever) I came away thinking Beech was the more talented team. And I don’t have a kid on the team. Just a biased Beech fan. Best of luck to the Wave in the playoffs. 

The Beech talent shouldn't have been good enough to just dominate that game the way they did. And kudos to your team for doing that! Good luck to Beech the rest of the year. It really just further proves how bad the Gallatin coaching truly is.

Coach Williams has definitely damaged everybody's perception of Gallatin Football since taking over. He is losing this town's support, the gates are less full, and he has turned a once strong football program into a laughing stock as soon as he took it over. He went 3-7 his first year after following a team that went 9-1 the year before with a different man a head coach. And while Coach Lassiter never brought a state title, his teams were still well coached and played good football against good competition.

They were a team that others definitely had circled on the schedule as a big game. When he was there, he got criticized by the town every year when he didn't bring home the state title. If Lassiter had a 7-3 type season, everybody was quick to jump on him for it. Yet Coach Williams has went a best record of 7-3, & did it only once in his 7 years as head coach.

This is not a jab at him as a person, he is a good man. But football isn't for the faint of heart, And it is time for Gallatin to make the change quick. I hate to be so critical, but I really feel that none of you would disagree with any of this.

Edited by thegreatone36

2 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

The Beech talent shouldn't have been good enough to just dominate that game the way they did. And kudos to your team for doing that! Good luck to Beech the rest of the year. It really just further proves how bad the Gallatin coaching truly is.

Coach Williams has definitely damaged everybody's perception of Gallatin Football since taking over. He is losing this town's support, the gates are less full, and he has turned a once strong football program into a laughing stock as soon as he took it over. He went 3-7 his first year after following a team that went 9-1 the year before with a different man a head coach. And while Coach Lassiter never brought a state title, his teams were still well coached and played good football against good competition.

They were a team that others definitely had circled on the schedule as a big game. When he was there, he got criticized by the town every year when he didn't bring home the state title. If Lassiter had a 7-3 type season, everybody was quick to jump on him for it. Yet Coach Williams has went a best record of 7-3, & did it only once in his 7 years as head coach.

This is not a jab at him as a person, he is a good man. But football isn't for the faint of heart, And it is time for Gallatin to make the change quick. I hate to be so critical, but I really feel that none of you would disagree with any of this.

I know it was a Thursday, but that was the smallest crowd I have ever seen at the Wave Yard.  Hard to believe there aren’t kids walking the halls that could help the team.

3 minutes ago, tandem said:

I know it was a Thursday, but that was the smallest crowd I have ever seen at the Wave Yard.  Hard to believe there aren’t kids walking the halls that could help the team.

It was a very small crowd. In regards to talent in the halls, that’s true anywhere you go. Having watched Beech all year and a few Gallatin games, I personally feel Gallatin is more talented and has more athletes than Beech. For whatever reason, they have struggled and haven’t performed. Kudos to Crabtree on always appearing to get the most out of his teams. 

1 hour ago, tandem said:

52 minutes ago, eers said:

It was a very small crowd. In regards to talent in the halls, that’s true anywhere you go. Having watched Beech all year and a few Gallatin games, I personally feel Gallatin is more talented and has more athletes than Beech. For whatever reason, they have struggled and haven’t performed. Kudos to Crabtree on always appearing to get the most out of his teams. 

It isn't just a football thing. Athletic participation is down in most sports especially for young men.

I was reading an article the other day talking about how the military is having a hard time with recruits because this current generation of kids coming out of high school have the highest percentage that are unfit for service.

3 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

It isn't just a football thing. Athletic participation is down in most sports especially for young men.

I was reading an article the other day talking about how the military is having a hard time with recruits because this current generation of kids coming out of high school have the highest percentage that are unfit for service.

They’re also entitled and mentally weak, but that’s a rant for another day. Haha

Hate I missed this one! Unexpected outcome!  Did Gallatin have a shot at Creasy or Crabtree last time? Is it that Williams is the problem ( How many assistants)  If you let him go, are you going to let new coach bring his staff? Will administration let that many coaches go? Attendance is down everywhere. I just hate to see this type thing!

GO JACKETS!

9 minutes ago, tandem said:

I think this is Beech's biggest problem.  Soft is a 4 letter word.  Hopefully it's just youth and that will change with maturity over the next few years.

Beech is young and once they mature they will be pretty dang good. I expect next year to be much better.