Gallatin vs Beech possible region championship

GWAVE1

9 hours ago, mondo44 said:

Score that affects potential Gallatin opponent for the playoffs.  Page beats Shelbyville 20-17 in OT which means if things stay as is Gallatin would play at Shelbyville in the first round. 

I see no way around it.  Hillwood will play at Page, Gallatin at Shelbyville, the winner of Lincoln County-Summit at Beech and the loser will be at Hillsboro.  Just curious as to where they play the Hillsboro playoff games.  By winning region 6, they only travel to the semifinals vs winner of regions 7-8 bracket.

Edited by wave88
Correction

40 minutes ago, wave88 said:

I see no way around it.  Hillwood will play at Page, Gallatin at Shelbyville,  Summit at Beech and  the winner of tonight’s Lincoln County-Franklin County will be at Hillsboro.  Just curious as to where they play the Hillsboro playoff games.  By winning region 6, they only travel to the semifinals vs winner of regions 7-8 bracket.

I believe the higher seeded teams win in all four of those matchups. 

5 hours ago, mondo44 said:

Score that affects potential Gallatin opponent for the playoffs.  Page beats Shelbyville 20-17 in OT which means if things stay as is Gallatin would play at Shelbyville in the first round. 

Pretty sure this is wrong. A three way tie and it gets to the fourth tiebreaker between Hillsboro and Beech for #1 seed....opponents’ wins. They will tie overall wins (7), games against .500 teams (5) and wins (2) over .500 teams...4th tiebreaker will come down to games next week! Gonna be close but Beech has a razor thin edge it looks like. If this holds, Beech gets #1. Then, Gallatin gets #2 with its head to head over Hillsboro. Craziness! I hate these TSSAA tiebreaker rules! Should never use non region games to determine this stuff...unfair!! Use points against in Region games vs tied teams and then points against in all Region games only after that. Non Region should never factor in!!!! Simplifying to complete fairness...who knew??

2 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Pretty sure this is wrong. A three way tie and it gets to the fourth tiebreaker between Hillsboro and Beech for #1 seed....opponents’ wins. They will tie overall wins (7), games against .500 teams (5) and wins (2) over .500 teams...4th tiebreaker will come down to games next week! Gonna be close but Beech has a razor thin edge it looks like. If this holds, Beech gets #1. Then, Gallatin gets #2 with its head to head over Hillsboro. Craziness! I hate these TSSAA tiebreaker rules! Should never use non region games to determine this stuff...unfair!! Use points against in Region games vs tied teams and then points against in all Region games only after that. Non Region should never factor in!!!! Simplifying to complete fairness...who knew??

You just gave me new hope for Beech! It does look like it will come down to the 4th tiebreaker. 

1 hour ago, wave88 said:

1st tie breaker is head to head.  2nd is overall record.  Which will put Beech and Hillsboro splitting.  Then it goes back to head to head because the three way tie is split.  So head to head between Hillsboro and Beech goes to Hillsboro.

Correct. Second tiebreaker eliminates Gallatin and it starts over. 

1 hour ago, eers said:

Correct. Second tiebreaker eliminates Gallatin and it starts over. 

Are we sure on this? How can we find out for sure? The handbook is not very clear. I understand  what you are saying. So, with Gallatin at 5 wins overall, and Hillsboro and Beech at 7 overall, you’re saying Gallatin drops out immediately in three way tiebreaker and it reverts to head to head? I hope to find 100% how it’s done. I am from Shelbyville, so obviously we’re closely following and trying to figure it out.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Are we sure on this? How can we find out for sure? The handbook is not very clear. I understand  what you are saying. So, with Gallatin at 5 wins overall, and Hillsboro and Beech at 7 overall, you’re saying Gallatin drops out immediately in three way tiebreaker and it reverts to head to head? I hope to find 100% how it’s done. I am from Shelbyville, so obviously we’re closely following and trying to figure it out.

Gallatin is headed your way.  

22 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Gallatin is headed your way.  

I will trust you on this. Looking back at the handbook, it is not very clearly stated and can be very confusing. It is, however, completely unfair and stupid to determine three-way tiebreakers like this. Relying on non-region games is awful!! Region standings should all be determined by Region games! Period. Use points against vs. tied teams first....then, use total points against the entire region if needed. That will almost always break the tie. Fairness and common sense...memo to the TSSAA! Hope we find out what Hillsboro will do for the playoffs....play at Vandy? at TSU? at Hillwood? who knows? Also, will TSSAA mandate they play the playoff "home" games on Friday night as they should? None of this stupid Saturday afternoon junk.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1